Boxing (1 Viewer)

ccfchoi87

Katie Taylor is class. These last two fights will be brawls. I predict Parker to get knocked down and win.

Greggs

Katie Taylor is class. These last two fights will be brawls. I predict Parker to get knocked down and win.
cant' get in to womens boxing. Hopefully Dillian will work his body because parker's got a granite chin!

Sky_Blue_Daz

Listening to it on talk sport hope whyte wins

LastGarrison

Great card so far.

I love Katie Taylor such a spiteful puncher, one of my favourite boxers at the moment.

As for Del Boy, love him!! What a fight, you never know which version of him is going to turn up but tonight he was on it.

Whether rope-a-dope was actually his tactics is up for debate but you can’t argue with his heart and the 1st knockdown ended the fight. The 2nd was just a free shot.

Not the biggest Whyte fan but Parker could be the worst heavyweight title holder I have ever seen so come on Whyte!!!

LastGarrison

Whyte bullied him tonight. Absolutely bullied him.

Parker expected Queensberry Rules and got a car park fight and he had no response to that. Bar the 12th round.

Too nice to be a top level fighter. Couldn’t dig deep.

bringbackrattles

Off thread a little. My son is 34 but a young 34 and has taken up boxing. He won his charity fight recently and has been training regularly in a gym. His trainer has said he's talented and is sorting out fights. My son wishes he'd taken up the sport years ago, but his coach says age isn't a barrier. What do you reckon ?

clint van damme

Off thread a little. My son is 34 but a young 34 and has taken up boxing. He won his charity fight recently and has been training regularly in a gym. His trainer has said he's talented and is sorting out fights. My son wishes he'd taken up the sport years ago, but his coach says age isn't a barrier. What do you reckon ?

if he enjoys it then go for it, good luck to him.
The brother of a work colleague of mine has had his first MMA fights in the last year in his late 40s!

bringbackrattles

if he enjoys it then go for it, good luck to him.
The brother of a work colleague of mine has had his first MMA fights in the last year in his late 40s!
Thanks for that. We can get obsessed with age, but if you look after yourself it shouldn't be an obstacle. He says the training is tough, and as he's been a smoker/dope, he has gone through it. The good thing is its kept him off it and his coach is impressed with his determination.

clint van damme

Thanks for that. We can get obsessed with age, but if you look after yourself it shouldn't be an obstacle. He says the training is tough, and as he's been a smoker/dope, he has gone through it. The good thing is its kept him off it and his coach is impressed with his determination.

the thing is, if someone's enjoying something and it is benefiting their health and lifestyle then good luck to them. Even if they're useless if it's having a positive effect on them then fair play.

Nick

Administrator
Even if he does it as a hobby and a lifestyle it's going to be good for him

I used to love the boxing fitness training, even though it wasn't for a fight it was tough and after you come to out you have a massive buzz.

Covstu

Enjoy it and that's all that matters but it is a sport that can take its toll on the body so as long as he is listening to his body then he will be fine.

bringbackrattles

Enjoy it and that's all that matters but it is a sport that can take its toll on the body so as long as he is listening to his body then he will be fine.
I'm 64 but still love exercise, especially walking, I can walk miles and enjoy it.
I honestly think it can keep you alive, as when I look back at all the drinking I used to do I'm amazed I'm still around. Yes I still enjoy a drink, but if you keep active etc I reckon it can outweigh all the bad stuff. Some of my elderly customers when I ask them what's the secret to your long lives ? Most say simply " just keep going ! "

Covstu

I'm 64 but still love exercise, especially walking, I can walk miles and enjoy it.
I honestly think it can keep you alive, as when I look back at all the drinking I used to do I'm amazed I'm still around. Yes I still enjoy a drink, but if you keep active etc I reckon it can outweigh all the bad stuff. Some of my elderly customers when I ask them what's the secret to your long lives ? Most say simply " just keep going ! "
Rest all you want when your dead!

Users who are viewing this thread