Boxing day game (1 Viewer)

ovduk78

I am travelling down with my son for the boxing day game. We are going to sort out tickets and parking when we get there but in the event of problems on the M6 and getting down later than we are planning to what is the current situation regarding parking at Tescos and what blocks can we sit in if we have to use the cash turnstiles?

ccfchoi87

I am travelling down with my son for the boxing day game. We are going to sort out tickets and parking when we get there but in the event of problems on the M6 and getting down later than we are planning to what is the current situation regarding parking at Tescos and what blocks can we sit in if we have to use the cash turnstiles?

Pay cash and just sit wherever, there's plenty of room.

Irish Sky Blue

If you park in Tesco’s you will need to have spent £50 and have kept the receipt in case you get issued a ticket. I have parked there for four or five games since they introduced cameras and have been given a parking notice twice. Providing you send off a picture of your receipt you are okay. I now park in Blackburn Road,about a 100 yards from the Ricoh but because of the canal, a fifteen minute walk!

ovduk78

If you park in Tesco’s you will need to have spent £50 and have kept the receipt in case you get issued a ticket. I have parked there for four or five games since they introduced cameras and have been given a parking notice twice. Providing you send off a picture of your receipt you are okay. I now park in Blackburn Road,about a 100 yards from the Ricoh but because of the canal, a fifteen minute walk!
I normally park just off Rowley's Green Lane and it's a 10 minute walk and will be parking there for the game on the 29th before heading straight back to Scotland. I will only park in Tesco's if it is close to kick-off time, is there a time limit for parking at Tesco's?

cov4theprem

I’ve parked at Tesco 5 times this season and never received a notice from them. We just buy a £50 gift card from Tesco and spend it at my leisure between matches.

Irish Sky Blue

I normally park just off Rowley's Green Lane and it's a 10 minute walk and will be parking there for the game on the 29th before heading straight back to Scotland. I will only park in Tesco's if it is close to kick-off time, is there a time limit for parking at Tesco's?
On match days I think it is two hours.

Otis

Swim you lazy barsteward, it's not that wide!

oucho

I’ve parked at Tesco 5 times this season and never received a notice from them. We just buy a £50 gift card from Tesco and spend it at my leisure between matches.

Can you in fact spend £50 at one of the other retailers e.g. M+S, who are bery generous with their refund policy? In the past when you just needed to spend £20 anywhere on the site on a matchday, I'd pay a £25 jumper, show the receipt on exit, keep the receipt and jumper in the boot.......90 day return policy right?!? Or it was back then. Next home game, park at Arena Park again, toddle into M+S, get a full refund on the jumper using said receipt, buy a new jumper for £25, repeat process.

Warning: do not try this for the last home game of the season when the next home game may be more than 90 days away!

Nick

Administrator
Can you in fact spend £50 at one of the other retailers e.g. M+S, who are bery generous with their refund policy? In the past when you just needed to spend £20 anywhere on the site on a matchday, I'd pay a £25 jumper, show the receipt on exit, keep the receipt and jumper in the boot.......90 day return policy right?!? Or it was back then. Next home game, park at Arena Park again, toddle into M+S, get a full refund on the jumper using said receipt, buy a new jumper for £25, repeat process.

Warning: do not try this for the last home game of the season when the next home game may be more than 90 days away!

Much easier to just pay a fiver and park at Cov Welsh.

Sbarcher

You could just buy a bottle of bubbly at the last home game and use it to toast promotion! Sorted.

oucho

Fiver at the Cherry Tree club. 7 minute walk.

I have heard reports of people getting their cars dented and bashed in yye Cherry Tree car park

Irish Sky Blue

Swim you lazy barsteward, it's not that wide!
Yes but before you could swim the canal you have to climb one or even two of the 6 foot fences of the industrial units on the Blackburn Road side of the canal. I'm not even sure what's on the Ricoh side.
However, you have shamed me. When you see a wet, bedraggled 60 something with torn and tattered clothing entering block 16, you will know it is me and that I have shaved 10 minutes of the travel time from car to game. I will probably die from leptospirosis but a small price to pay for saving time!

Otis

Yes but before you could swim the canal you have to climb one or even two of the 6 foot fences of the industrial units on the Blackburn Road side of the canal. I'm not even sure what's on the Ricoh side.
However, you have shamed me. When you see a wet, bedraggled 60 something with torn and tattered clothing entering block 16, you will know it is me and that I have shaved 10 minutes of the travel time from car to game. I will probably die from leptospirosis but a small price to pay for saving time!
You're not going to get sympathy from me and fool me with your silly made-up diseases.

Irish Sky Blue

You're not going to get sympathy from me and fool me with your silly made-up diseases.
Are you saying that the rats in Holbrooks(furry variety, not Tim or Wasps) are not up to the disease spreading mark? A slur on the good name of North Coventry rats.

Nick

Administrator
£2?

That's usually 6 blokes' worth.

No, that's 2lb..

giphy.gif

Magwitch

Park at Tesco buy a couple of pairs of shoes from M&S or Next, take them back couple of days later, separate receipts, unwanted Xmas presents, too small, wrong colour etc easy peasy

Users who are viewing this thread