Box Sets (1 Viewer)

Sky Blue M

Is anyone watching any good box sets/tv series at the moment. Doesnt really seem to be anything on tele at the moment to really get into and wondered if any could recommend any.

C

Clive Plattini

I just finished the 2nd series of The Wire. It's superb. The only thing I have seen to challenge the Sopranos as my favourite show. If you don't mind subtitles, the Danish (and original) version of The Killing is excellent, as is the original Wallander (Swedish).

Also Homeland was very good TV.

Sky Blue M

Yer I watched Homeland. Thought it was really good. That was the last thing me and the gf really got into watching. Unfortunately she wont watch anything with subtitles. Might have to give The Wire or The Sopranos a go. Girl at work recommends Being Human but I have no idea if its any good or not. I don't wanna watch it if its some twilight type shite

stupot07

Homeland was brilliant, if you haven't watched any of the 24 series they are well worth a watch, Dexter is brilliant, Lost is you have the patience. The swedish programme Those Who Kill, was really good.

I really want to watch the wire, and the west wing.

Marty

Yer I watched Homeland. Thought it was really good. That was the last thing me and the gf really got into watching. Unfortunately she wont watch anything with subtitles. Might have to give The Wire or The Sopranos a go. Girl at work recommends Being Human but I have no idea if its any good or not. I don't wanna watch it if its some twilight type shite

Why not? some of the better films I've watched recently have been foreign. The Counterfeiters, Oldboy & I saw the devil are all excellent films, and it's refreshing to watch movies with a different take on the way they are filmed. I saw the devil is a horror/thriller, but from the outset it shows you who the killer is and the movie is based on the revenge of one of the victims partners.

Quite enjoying the big bang theory and the walking dead lately.

Sky Blue M

Why not? some of the better films I've watched recently have been foreign. The Counterfeiters, Oldboy & I saw the devil are all excellent films, and it's refreshing to watch movies with a different take on the way they are filmed. I saw the devil is a horror/thriller, but from the outset it shows you who the killer is and the movie is based on the revenge of one of the victims partners.

Quite enjoying the big bang theory and the walking dead lately.

I suppose its because she has to read what they are saying. I have watched subtitled films in the past and she has just completely switched off and then asks me whats going on. So its not that she wont its just that it just frustrates the hell out of me.

We have watched all of Big Bang and How I Met Your Mother as well.

harvey098

One of the most underrated shows for me was something that ran on ch.5 for a while called flashforward. Absolutely class and well worth watching from the beggining.

stupot07

One of the most underrated shows for me was something that ran on ch.5 for a while called flashforward. Absolutely class and well worth watching from the beggining.

Yeah loved that but I don't think they commissioned a second series?

Otis

Flashforward frustrated the hell out of me.

Such a brilliant premise, but everyone was so stupid and it was oh so obvious that instead of changing their futures so the predicted future didn't happen, most of them who saw these negative outcomes did all the things leading up to the fateful day that made these negative futures become more and more likely.

It was blatantly obvious what was going to happen and they had a real opportunity in producing this show to make something wonderful, but they failed miserably.

Quite rightly in my opinion it wasn't commissioned for a 2nd series.

Rich

I've just started watching Homeland and the first two episodes have really pulled me in. Just been reading that a second series starts next month so this is perfect timing.

ccfcdan

Anyone remember a series called The last train? I remember watching about 10 years ago and it was superb. I wonder if its was ever bought out on dvd?

WillieStanley

WillieStanley

Nothing like Twilight. Closer to, say an English Buffy than Twilight, and even then, its not really an English Buffy. Really good character development and story telling and quite funny as well. The last series with a whole new cast was probably the best yet!

Sky Blue M

Nothing like Twilight. Closer to, say an English Buffy than Twilight, and even then, its not really an English Buffy. Really good character development and story telling and quite funny as well. The last series with a whole new cast was probably the best yet!

Its 15 quid on amazon for all three series so I am tempted to get it then.

On the Homeland subject I thought it was excellent and the first American show that has really sucked me in since Lost. So many things that you think could happen and dont. Great TV.

torchomatic

You can't go wrong with 24 or X-Files or maybe something like The Saint, The Persuaders, the Baron, Strange Report...

torchomatic

Jerico or was it Jericho was good.

ccfc_Tom

Sons of Anarchy, Arrested development, Its always sunny in Philadelphia, Breaking bad, The killing (US)

JulianDarbyFTW

The Shield is brilliant. Just brilliant. Curb your Enthusiasm is the funniest thing I've ever watched (excluding the very first episode). I'm currently working through Twin Peaks, but it's harder work than I remembered. And The Walking Dead is also very entertaining.

Sky_Blue_Daz

Could I point you all towards a series called Still Game. Its one of the funniest things I ahve seen on telly for a while.
Its criminally underated

skyblue19

Simple answer to this is chuck. Don't tend to get into series but this is awesome! Action, comedy and hot chicks fighting in very little, what a quality programme!

Grendel

Is The Bridge on a box set yet? Best programme this year by a country mile. I don't watch much tv (other than wall to wall cricket) but I was hooked on that.

Otis

I'd like to find out more about wall to wall cricket, cos the 5 day test match game is boring as fook and totally sleep inducing.

Wall to wall sounds a lot more exciting.

Users who are viewing this thread