Bought these in Prague (1 Viewer)

The Reverend Skyblue

I was in Prague last week celebrating my 50th birthday and was walking around the old town at night when we came across this shop selling sport themed goods. Mostly European teams were in the shop window but at the back we could see some Premier themed Russian dolls, so we went in.

My missus soon bought her Liverpool painted ones so I thought i'd ask if he ever had heard of my team Coventry City. Amazingly he had not only heard of us but out the back he said he was sure he had Coventry themed dolls too.

Ten minutes later in he came with the dolls in the picture, which I snapped up immediately.At the till he said to me he never thought he would sell these and I was the first person ever to buy the Coventry collection he had, which made me laugh. I did tell him that all but one of the players had now been sold and he should invest in some new names which he said was unlikely as it had took years to sell this doll.
I was going to ask his opinion of who is to blame in the SISU/ACL fiasco and would he like to vote on one of our many online polls ,but I thought I leave it alone and move on

IMG_2882.jpg IMG_2883.jpg

Last edited:

bringbackrattles

They look like our defence at the moment all wooden and lifeless !
Joking apart they look great and I bet you were made up when you saw them ?

torchomatic

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
50 eh? I remember being 50. Soon be the next milestone like me Rev! :D

The Reverend Skyblue

50 eh? I remember being 50. Soon be the next milestone like me Rev! :D

So HH ,as you have admitted memory problems on another thread, when do I start to have these now i'm over 50.

Does life begin at 40 or 50 in your experience ?

I bloody hope its 50, or are you over 60 ,so life could start then

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
So HH ,as you have admitted memory problems on another thread, when do I start to have these now i'm over 50.

Does life begin at 40 or 50 in your experience ?

I bloody hope its 50, or are you over 60 ,so life could start then

Just over 60, Rev. Not sure my life began at 50 though. Had my 3rd heart attack by then! :D

Users who are viewing this thread