Bottom Half Finish (1 Viewer)

GaryJones

Im shocked that we might now actually finish in the bottom half.
After going top when we beat Gillingham I and probably many if not most others in the ground that day would never have thought this possible!

Can anyone out there think of a choke or collapse as bad as this one by a team at the top of the table?

Im struggling to think of anyone - Coventry City put us through the wringer year after year but this surely takes the biscuit!

westofrayne

After going top when we beat Gillingham I and probably many if not most others in the ground that day would never have thought this possible!

Can anyone out there think of a choke or collapse as bad as this one by a team at the top of the table?

Im struggling to think of anyone - Coventry City put us through the wringer year after year but this surely takes the biscuit!

Hopefully Lesta over the coming weeks, would love to see them fuck it up, sick of all this Lesta love in.

Like you after that game I forgot all my 48 years of support city and told people we are going up. I should have remembered my teaching, City never succeed (barr the blip in 87) , its just failure after failure. Yes like many I will be back next season with fresh hope, only to have its cruely ripped away from me.

Nick

Administrator
Hopefully Lesta over the coming weeks, would love to see them fuck it up, sick of all this Lesta love in.

Like you after that game I forgot all my 48 years of support city and told people we are going up. I should have remembered my teaching, City never succeed (barr the blip in 87) , its just failure after failure. Yes like many I will be back next season with fresh hope, only to have its cruely ripped away from me.
I'm sure their fans would be saying "it's ok, it's better than last year"

ceetee

Never understood this Leicester rivalry. I'm old enough to remember Leicester in 1st Div and Cov in 3rd.

Bob Latchford

I said 8th-12th looks like i'll be wrong too .

Sick Boy

Historically we are probably in the right league for us. The problem is that most fans still think of us as a PL club, a notion that is laughable amongst other supporters.

Astute

I feel sorry for the likes of Astute who were putting big money on ua being promoted.

Easy come even easier go :D You can't win all the time. That is why it is called gambling.

oucho

Historically we are probably in the right league for us. The problem is that most fans still think of us as a PL club, a notion that is laughable amongst other supporters.

I think you are probably right. Lower end Championship at most.

Hobo

League 1 club all day long at the moment. People got carried away with the results this season rather than looking at the performances and the strengths and weaknesses of the squad. Even at our best we were inconsistent within games and needed to step up a gear to be promotion certs. I thought we could easily drift to about 10th even after Gillingham.

stupot07

League 1 club all day long at the moment. People got carried away with the results this season rather than looking at the performances and the strengths and weaknesses of the squad. Even at our best we were inconsistent within games and needed to step up a gear to be promotion certs. I thought we could easily drift to about 10th even after Gillingham.
Yeah we're a league one club at the minute and unless something drastically changes ownership wise then at best we'll be a league one-championship yoyo club like Peterborough.

This season did feel like our Brest chance of getting out of this league, but that said despite us fans getting overexcited, 4 wins/20 points in 23 games is unacceptable

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

ceetee

Most supporters are of an age where they don't really remember anything but 1st Div/Premiership and many think that's our level.

Some others see us as 3rd Div upstarts that over achieved for 30 odd years.

torchomatic

I feel sorry for the likes of Astute who were putting big money on ua being promoted.
Not that astute then?

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

Macca

In fairness its kind of irrelevant now. I really got fished in this year. Should no better at my age!

Macca

We certainly don't look out of place at this level. Regardless of the size of the city, by and large I'd consider us a small to medium club along the lines of Bristol City

DazzleTommyDazzle

Depends if you're being specific about being first, rather than at the "top end" of the table.

If we can stretch it to the latter, then I'd go for the season that Bobby Gould took over from Dave Sexton.

At Christmas we were fourth (I think) having just beaten Liverpool (in the days they were still winning everything) 4-0. We then avoided relegation by beating Norwich on the last day of the season.

One of our goals that day was scored by Mick Ferguson, who'd come back to us on loan from Birmingham. Guess who got relegated instead of us because of that win......

italiahorse

We certainly don't look out of place at this level. Regardless of the size of the city, by and large I'd consider us a small to medium club along the lines of Bristol City

1LondonLON8,250,205
2BirminghamWML1,085,810
3LiverpoolMER552,267
4BristolBRI535,907
5SheffieldSYS518,090
6ManchesterMAN510,746
7LeedsWYS474,632
8LeicesterLEI443,760
9BradfordWYS349,561
10CoventryWML325,949

If we had a product worth watching we should be bottom PL top Championship.

H

Huckerby

Was talking to a mate the other day about our decline and if he had known anything like it, I think Grimsby Town have the record for the only team to be top of a football league table at Christmas to then be relegated.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

skybluesam66

Bobby goulds team was 4th at christmas and needed to win the last game to stay up - so its nothing new for us sky blues fans
And as for collapese after christmas in recent years please see
Chris Coleman
Aidy Bothroyd
Mark robins/Steven pressley
Steven Pressley at sixfields

Nothing new here

GaryJones

Ive been watching since 1974 and although Ive grown used to us tailing off and just surviving or even getting relegated Ive still not seen a decline as marked as this one - from Top of the Table to the bottom half.
Im growing very tired of this to be honest - I really thought this season was different - how stupid of me!

GaryJones

Not quite the same - at least Spieth finished 2nd!

Users who are viewing this thread