Bottling 50/50s (1 Viewer)

KersleyDigs

Absolute pet hate of mine is players ducking out of tackles. I couldn't believe how many times our players did this last night and it cost us big time.

All of our midfielders looked scared to leave a foot in and were jumping out the way of contact. Bournemouth by contrast were very committed in the tackle.

We must learn quickly and find more calculated aggression.

If our business wasn't done (I know it is...) we would benefit from a hardcase CM. Our players were bullied last night.

Sky Blue Harry H

Sorry, but don't agree if you're referring to Hamer's effort. I think he made a mistake in trying to flick the ball before Gosling got there. Of all the things he can be accused of, being scared of a tackle isn't one. Dabo played it clever with one or two - winning free kicks, but he is another who doesn't bottle tackles. Shippers rarely makes proper tackles - he seems to shadow his opponent and try to nick a foot in - but at this level, he needs to up his game in this area. Our players were outplayed last night, including a bit of niggle from their players. Hamer stood up to it around the pitch, but got stupidly sent off.

KersleyDigs

I'm not digging out Hamer specifically. O'Hare was guilty a number of times. Most notably for their third goal

Sky Blue Harry H

I'm not digging out Hamer specifically. O'Hare was guilty a number of times. Most notably for their third goal

OK. But O'Hare gets the crap kicked out of him and is one of the few players further up the pitch that battles and goes in where it hurts, when he knows he is going to get kicked. Perhaps need to review last night, but remember last season when his head was split open. Battled like a demon then. Perhaps his tackling technique might be better, but I would never question his commitment from what I have seen of him so far.

better days

My feeling was that Bournemouth knew exactly what they were doing and had a game plan to go out and intimidate our young and inexperienced team
They also used the oldest trick in the book by swarming round after Dabo was hacked down while only Hamer was on the scene quickly from our team and they suckered him into getting a red
Robins said afterwards that we would have learnt a lot from this experience
Adi Viveash in particular is a hard bastard
No doubt he will be involved in the debrief
The first thing I would say is that the whole team need to pile in when bad fouls like the one on Dabo happens to cause maximum fuss
But don't raise your hands when provoked

covcity4life

What hamer did was similar to what mason did vs Gillingham. But mason got crucified for it(me Included)

Just because fans love this idea that hamer is a head case lets not let it cloud judgement either

Garryb80

Shipley always pulls out of 50 50s yet is Teflon with most fans. Cant really criticise hamer for 1 missed tackle by comparison

lord_garrincha

My feeling was that Bournemouth knew exactly what they were doing and had a game plan to go out and intimidate our young and inexperienced team
They also used the oldest trick in the book by swarming round after Dabo was hacked down while only Hamer was on the scene quickly from our team and they suckered him into getting a red
Robins said afterwards that we would have learnt a lot from this experience
Adi Viveash in particular is a hard bastard
No doubt he will be involved in the debrief
The first thing I would say is that the whole team need to pile in when bad fouls like the one on Dabo happens to cause maximum fuss
But don't raise your hands when provoked
It probably won't happen... But, in my opinion (probably clouded by lager), they came across (manager included) as a bunch of smug, entitled bastards, who are just passing through the league for the year (remember those League 1 tour shirts?!!). I just hope they miss out on autos on the last day and lose a play-off semi on pens... Then we will see how sustainable their wage bill is!

LilleSkyBlue

I was surprised how dirty Bournemouth were, especially because they didn't need to be. The tackles by Smith (he got booked) and Rico near the end were awful. Rico's on O'Hare generated a volley of abuse towards O'Hare from him and a teammate too. Cook steaming in on Hamer was out of order as well, and they're just the three big ones I can remember.

Plus their repeated professional fouls to snuff out even the slightest chance of a breakaway when we got the ball in our own half and looked to build, but all that probably passes for streetwise play.

SlowerThanPlatt

I was surprised how dirty Bournemouth were, especially because they didn't need to be. The tackles by Smith (he got booked) and Rico near the end were awful. Rico's on O'Hare generated a volley of abuse towards O'Hare from him and a teammate too. Cook steaming in on Hamer was out of order as well, and they're just the three big ones I can remember.

Plus their repeated professional fouls to snuff out even the slightest chance of a breakaway when we got the ball in our own half and looked to build, but all that probably passes for streetwise play.

I wouldn’t say dirty, they’re just used to playing in a more competitive and physical league

fatso

They no the dark arts! We need to wise up quickly.

Warwickhunt

what got to me was the referee was reaching for a red card in his pocket after the Smith tackle but because of the shit storm that went down it was shown to Hamer and the Ref showed a yellow instead. (he was never goung to give two red cards)

better days

It probably won't happen... But, in my opinion (probably clouded by lager), they came across (manager included) as a bunch of smug, entitled bastards, who are just passing through the league for the year (remember those League 1 tour shirts?!!). I just hope they miss out on autos on the last day and lose a play-off semi on pens... Then we will see how sustainable their wage bill is!
I thought the same
They've gone from plucky little Bournemouth in the Premier League to being a Billy Big Bollocks 'do you know who we are?' outfit

TomRad85

Completey agree. Poxy little club, hope they end up back where they belong.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Nick

Administrator
2 feet around the knees and you have 2 options.

Stay down and act injured to see if the ref forgets
Get up and walk off without saying anything.

Users who are viewing this thread