Boothroyd (1 Viewer)

Sky Blue M

Looks set to be appointed Northampton manager.

Just wondered what this means for us. I'm sure I have read that we are still paying off some of our previous managers presumably including Boothroyd.

If he gets another job doesn't that mean we dont have an obligation to pay him this any more?

Nick

Administrator
I think it is until they get another manager's job. Hence Coleman is still living the dream!

Coleman is employed.........at least for now by Larissa in the Greek Second Division, And in any case if he was not his contract would have been up at the end of last season. When Bothroyd takes over at Northampton, he will have come to an agreement with CCFC as a settlement to allow him to take the job.

DazzleTommyDazzle

I thought that CC was going to manage the Greek team but they couldn't agree wages......

I was just trying to think of the last manager to leave us, who then went on to manage (what was at the time) a bigger club. I must confess I'm struggling........

jmegordon

:)

That's 1 less manager that we have to continue paying even though they are no longer affiliated with the club!
460357731.jpg

In addition, it appears he's been signed on a 1 year rolling contract. Why cant city sign managers (or even players) with this sort of contract? Does it not provide them with enough job security for a championship team? Personally, I would like to see a lot more short term contracts!

Last edited:

sw88

Chief Commentator!
Cooeman was being paid until the end of last season, but we must have settled on a pay off to enable him to take over the Greek team.

I dont think it was ever published about Boothroyd but id be surprised if we didnt just continue with his contract! If however hes going for jobs, we must have agreed a pay off figure with him too

MatthewWallis

In addition, it appears he's been signed on a 1 year rolling contract. Why cant city sign managers (or even players) with this sort of contract? Does it not provide them with enough job security for a championship team? Personally, I would like to see a lot more short term contracts!

Thorn is on a one year contract.

Danceswithhorses

That's 1 less manager that we have to continue paying even though they are no longer affiliated with the club!
IIRC, Andy Thorn is on exactly that...a 1 year rolling contract

EDIT ... doh, beaten to it...damn you quick typers lol

sw88

Chief Commentator!
He wants Cameron on loan (apparently)

Be a good move i think. Hes down the pecking order for our CB positions.

Only reason id be reluctant to send him is because he'd be reverting back to playing hoof ball again. Yes he's suited to it, and was part of our team who were doin well playing that style but I do feel if Cameron is to become a regular in our team, especially under AT (altho that is unlikely imo), we do need him to lose that habbit of the playing long EVERY time!

A spell away would do him well tho (and Boothroyd couldnt praise him enough when he was here)

Users who are viewing this thread