Boo Boys (1 Viewer)

CCFC_Charlie

Pathetic today the amount of people that get on the players backs as soon as they make one mistake, it was the same at Yeovil. If they've been consistently bad then fair enough but there was loads of people at the game lambasting players for one mistake. Hardly going to help motivate the player when some fat bastard in the stand is shouting about how much of a disgrace they are after one misplaced pass. Sort it out.

speedie87

I presumed they were booing thorn and tactics rather than the players?

If someone did why did you boo?

DukeOfCov

Pathetic today the amount of people that get on the players backs as soon as they make one mistake, it was the same at Yeovil. If they've been consistently bad then fair enough but there was loads of people at the game lambasting players for one mistake. Hardly going to help motivate the player when some fat bastard in the stand is shouting about how much of a disgrace they are after one misplaced pass. Sort it out.

I thought the first half was very poor and without Wood and alot of luck we would've gone in two down - agreed though, no need for booing...

spudgun2000

Fully agree and lets not have any comments about fat barstools in the dug out, none of us could play better - or we would,none of us could mange a football team better - or we would (football manager games do not count)

Sutty

I was so pissed off today. First boo (I timed it) was 1 minute and 40 seconds into the game.

At one point Hussey chose not to take his man on and played it safe back to Wood - BOOOOOOOOO
5 seconds later Baker tried an ambitious through ball which got intercepted - BOOOOOOOOO

Do we want them to take risks or not?

Macca

End of game a round of applause, or are we not allowed to mention that because it makes a less sensational post. You guys should work for the sun

WeWillBeBack

The lower the crowd the louder the 'boo boys' will seem to be. Mostly due to the fact that they're commonly the die hard fans who've lost patience and are bored of seeing the same thing over and over again. It's someone decision to boo and they have the right to do so when for example we allow the away team to have a possession % of close to 60 in a half.

torchomatic

No, there were quite a few boos at half time in our end. CT stand.

I didn't either nick. It's this city fans are the worst in the world syndrome

I have some new neighbours in block 18 row HH which are exactly like this. Booing and swearing at every mistake or every pass that wasn't forward. Not really constructive.

CCFC_Charlie

Around Block 17/18 there was a massive chorus of boos at the end of the first half and there was also plenty of people shouting abuse at players very early in the game, for example Baker getting plenty of names thrown at him after a misplaced place around 2 minutes in. It's annoying because when we get behind the lads it really seems to up their game, as it did today for the first 20 minutes of the second half.

Macca

It wasn't massive choruses of booing as much as every mistake being met with a few boos.

But you can t control 12000 people I guess? I find a good majority of most football crowds to be annoying in one way or another but what can you do

torchomatic

FFS. What obsession? I was answering your post. You said you didn't hear booing, I told I heard some. Nothing more.

End the obsession torch it's the same everywhere. I think the applause at the end were generous and for the most part deserved

D

Deleted member 4232

I was in block 17 tonight, row RR for those playing at home, cash turnstile for those looking for me next game. The criticism was muttered about deservedly, but I hated the booing at the end. There are some wankers out there.

lbskyblues

If all they want to do is boo at every mistake then just fook off and watch barca on sky.
we are where we are and the lads try the best they can.
Dont need more negativity aimed at the players.
As said before when we make positive noise the players react positively.

D

Deleted member 4232

If all they want to do is boo at every mistake then just fook off and watch barca on sky.
we are where we are and the lads try the best they can.
Dont need more negativity aimed at the players.
As said before when we make positive noise the players react positively.
This.

Its a shame some people feel the need to express dissapointment so much, like spoilt brats. The players will always be more dissapointed than the fans, they're the ones who grafted!

Macca

FFS. What obsession? I was answering your post. You said you didn't hear booing, I told I heard some. Nothing more.

Come on torchy you are constantly having a dig about city fans. "people only come on here after we lose" etc. Having a sly dig at anyone who appears to be negative. Fair do's that's always been your opinion and you stick by it, I respect that.

From my side that gets my goat a bit. I have great admiration for the resilience of our fans over the years and think they can be forgiven for getting frustrated. My argument to you has always been and remains, are we any worse than anyone else? Where is this mythical club where fans give nothing but positive feedback? I followed the city to many grounds and been to other places as a neutral and I ve never found it. In fact some of the abuse and vitriol that I ve witnessed elsewhere makes me proud to be a sky blue.

Anyhow now that's off my chest I can sleep easy revelling in our usual mid table place.

Oops bit negative, can t help myself ;)

shmmeee

Heard a couple of people swearing at Browm, but that was me and my Dad :D

Didn't hear any mass abuse though. In block 24 so maybe limited to the naughty corner?

Nonleagueherewecome

Players/people who I heard get jeered/booed or just the constant exasperated "FFS_INSERT NAME!!!" were:

Murphy
Brown
Hussey
Baker
Kilbane
Thorn

Baker and Hussey got the most stick-there's half-a-dozen near me who totally loath them.

Baker looked a few yards of the pace from the start IMO. Thought Hussey didnt have much in the way of options in front of him when he picked up the ball.

Wasn't impressed with Kilbane, played a few sloppy balls... not what you expect from an experienced player. Still a new set of lads trying to gel together though, need half 5 or six league games before you can gauge our expectations if you ask me..

As for booing your team off at half time when it's 0-0 and your first home game of the season, great impression for the new lads, Top job boo boys.

runner

Whilst I never advocate any booing of our players ever, the performance of the first half, with the exception of the phenomenal performance of Wood all game (man of the match by far ... please God let us keep him) I agree with a lot of posters, it was truly awful and Sheffield United should've been ahead at half time, no debate ... Fortunately the 2nd half was much better, than the first, not good enough yet, but just a few signs that we may have a team that could compete ... we do need to get a win on Saturday against Bury, 5 points out of 9 wouldn't be bad, but 3 or 2 out of 9, different ball game if we truly do wish to be vying for places in the top 6 spots come 2nd half of the season.

Users who are viewing this thread