Bobby Gould (1 Viewer)

Didge76

Just listened to Cwr and sounds like he wants this director of football job. Just can't get my head round it to be honest, do we really need one??? Nothing against Bobby who is obviously sky blue thru and thru but I totally think it's a waste of time.

Nonleagueherewecome

Wrong man, wrong time, wrong decade/century.

LastGarrison

It's not like he can come in and make anymore of a mess is it?

Give him a shot. Good Cally lad is our Bobby.

procdoc

What is a Director of Football supposed to do? I just don't understand the need for one.

from what I gather the manager and the DOF work closely to identify transfer targets and the DOF goes out and secures them. Seems a bit pointless us having one as we don't do transfers full stop (unless they are outgoing!)

Jimmy Hill's Chin

If it was just down to passion, Bobby would be up there with Fergie and Mourinho. Sadly there's a bit more to it than that. I like the guy but I think he's been out of the game for too long now.

Delboycov

Bought some great players for us but it took Sillett and Curtis to get the best out of them. One of the worst manager's this club has ever seen...he was even allowed back for a second failure before resigning in a toilet at QPR. He was awful 20+ years ago and really don't see any merit in bringing him back to the club in any capacity...even for free. Admire his passion for the club and the game but he is not the answer...unless the question is who sacked a goalkeeper after making a mistake in a game?

Grendel

It's not like he can come in and make anymore of a mess is it?

Give him a shot. Good Cally lad is our Bobby.

At his "peak" I would describe Gould as a deranged fool. I have always thought of him as one sandwich slightly short of a picnic. How many other managers have had an effegy of them carried in a coffin. It is absurd and shows the state we are in. Why not get him playing again and get Jimmy Hill as manager? Come on.

chiefdave

why not, he's worked with Thorn before, he actually cares about the club and has tons of experience. don't buy this theory that because he hasn't managed for a few years he won't know what's going on, seems odd that people say that but then claim they know better than Thorn when they've never managed anyone!!! Lets face it he'll do it for free which is about all we can afford and it's not like our form could get any worse!

Grendel

why not, he's worked with Thorn before, he actually cares about the club and has tons of experience. don't buy this theory that because he hasn't managed for a few years he won't know what's going on, seems odd that people say that but then claim they know better than Thorn when they've never managed anyone!!! Lets face it he'll do it for free which is about all we can afford and it's not like our form could get any worse!

Hasn't managed for a FEW years? Do you remember him as manager? How about second time round. He was an idiot then and he is an idiot now. All he goes on about is being a Cov Kid and he bleeds Sky Blue. It's absurd. Face it he was as clueless a manager then as Thorn is now.

Users who are viewing this thread