Blaze live on Freeview tonight (1 Viewer)

chiefdave

Blaze game at Sheffield has just started live on Freesports.

I_Saw_Shaw_Score

I'm guessing for TV. If they had the live games at the weekend a lot of your target audience are at a game.

6th out of 11 teams at the moment. A lot better than the last couple of seasons.

Good Cov following there by the looks of the crowd after Cov just scored!

chiefdave

How do I view FreeSports?
FreeSports is available on Freeview HD channel 64, Sky channel 422, Virgin 553, FreeSat 252, TalkTalk 64 and BT Vision channel 64.

CJ_covblaze

Used to love the games against Guildford back in the early noughties. Proper good rivalry that was. One of the only times you'd hear "non family friendly" chanting.

I_Saw_Shaw_Score

Used to love the games against Guildford back in the early noughties. Proper good rivalry that was. One of the only times you'd hear "non family friendly" chanting.

Why was that?

Guess for Guildford this is a ‘local derby’ looking at the location of teams in the league!

chiefdave

What sort of crowds are the blaze averaging? Not many there tonight!
By far the worst I've seen it last night, both the performance from the Blaze and the attendance.

They normally play Sundays and the occasional Saturday or midweek games always take a hit on attendance. Last night was also the Xmas lights switch on and on TV. They should really have done something to try and get people in.

Average attendance this year is 1,933, down from 2,151 the year before and 2,304 the year before that. Club has owners that aren't bothered about putting a decent team on the ice and challenging for trophies which is filtering down to the fanbase. If the owners can't be bothered why should people pay to turn up every week.

ccfcway

If the owners can't be bothered why should people pay to turn up every week.

CCFC take notice !

I go and watch Belfast giants on a very regular basis. Always a good night out and they have just been awarded the European finals in jan after they got through to last 4. Watched that cov game on Sunday and was shocked how little fans were there

scottccfc

I find when I looked at the tickets for a blaze match that they were more expensive then I was expecting, but if they are getting the crowds (usually) then I suppose its working

ccfcrob

Game last night was fantastic (even though we through it away).
Ref had an absolute nightmare!
CC4L I agree with the pretenciousness of the UK hockey. I really makes me laugh.
They have no idea that the hockey there are watching week in/week out is of a truly poor standard.

covcity4life

Game last night was fantastic (even though we through it away).
CC4L I agree with the pretenciousness of the UK hockey. I really makes me laugh.
They have no idea that the hockey there are watching week in/week out is of a truly poor standard.
and the silly dancing and stuff lol. i know its fun and its good that those who feel like they dont belong at football games find a sport they feel is theirs but they make me laugh

but yeah i do wanna go again. looks like blaze are starting to lose lately though lol

chiefdave

Made the football league officials look competent.

I sit behind the penalty box which is where the video review is. On the goal where Wiikman was taken out the ref could clearly be heard saying 'I'm only looking to appease them' and then didn't even look at the screen!

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

I sit behind the penalty box which is where the video review is. On the goal where Wiikman was taken out the ref could clearly be heard saying 'I'm only looking to appease them' and then didn't even look at the screen!

It wasn't Darnell reffing was it?

ccfcrob

Thats outrageous if correct

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

I'm wondering how people on here feel about the Blaze, given that they're as much a 'franchise' team as Wasps?

We effectively 'stole' them from Solihull because we could offer them a rink they could join the top level with?

BTW I say this as someone who has attended a number of Blaze games over the years and still follow their results, even if I don't attend as often

chiefdave

I'm wondering how people on here feel about the Blaze, given that they're as much a 'franchise' team as Wasps?
The major difference is that ice hockey is quite literally a franchise sport. The teams tend to follow where the rinks are rather than rinks being built for the teams.

The Blaze weren't even from Solihull originally, if you take the lineage from the original Barons. Looked up the history last time this came up.

They were Birmingham Barons first, played at Springhill until 1965 when they moved to Solihull. The original Barons lasted until 1996 when they collapsed for financial reasons.

From that came Solihull Blaze who moved to Coventry 4 years later. A new Solihull Barons started up in 2000 and lasted 2 years. Immediately following that MK Kings moved to Solihull as Solihull MK Kings (being replaced in MK by the Lightening who recently played a season in Cov while their own rink was being refurbished) before collapsing a year later and being reborn as Solihull Kings who themselves only lasted 2 years before going pop in 2005. That led to a new Solihull Barons who are still around, although they've come close to going out of business a few times.

Most clubs are far from stable now and either, as with the Blaze, have to put out teams that don't have much chance of winning trophies while hoping to retain supporters, or, as with Cardiff, have someone pumping money in they aren't bothered about ever getting back.

Too much empire building and too few people, at least those in power, who are actually bothered about developing the game in this country. For the number of people at games every weekend and how well the GB side are doing (will be in the top division playing the likes of USA and Canada at next years World Championships) it should have a much higher profile and more in the way of sponsorship.

Screenshot-2018-12-04-at-21.58.15.png

CJ_covblaze

The major difference is that ice hockey is quite literally a franchise sport. The teams tend to follow where the rinks are rather than rinks being built for the teams.

The Blaze weren't even from Solihull originally, if you take the lineage from the original Barons. Looked up the history last time this came up.

They were Birmingham Barons first, played at Springhill until 1965 when they moved to Solihull. The original Barons lasted until 1996 when they collapsed for financial reasons.

From that came Solihull Blaze who moved to Coventry 4 years later. A new Solihull Barons started up in 2000 and lasted 2 years. Immediately following that MK Kings moved to Solihull as Solihull MK Kings (being replaced in MK by the Lightening who recently played a season in Cov while their own rink was being refurbished) before collapsing a year later and being reborn as Solihull Kings who themselves only lasted 2 years before going pop in 2005. That led to a new Solihull Barons who are still around, although they've come close to going out of business a few times.

Most clubs are far from stable now and either, as with the Blaze, have to put out teams that don't have much chance of winning trophies while hoping to retain supporters, or, as with Cardiff, have someone pumping money in they aren't bothered about ever getting back.

Too much empire building and too few people, at least those in power, who are actually bothered about developing the game in this country. For the number of people at games every weekend and how well the GB side are doing (will be in the top division playing the likes of USA and Canada at next years World Championships) it should have a much higher profile and more in the way of sponsorship.

View attachment 11092

You’re so right. As a side note it’s bonkers to think that back in the 90s a guy came across the pond to help his mate Thommo and refine his coaching methods on the Solihull bench. A few years later he became the head coach of one of the biggest sports franchises in the world and coached his country to Olympic Gold!

covcity4life

did the steal the skydome from an exisiting cov hockey team? if not there is no problem

just like if we moved permanently to northampton it wouldnt be the city of northampton i would be angry at if cov had no stadium to play in cov

as for blaze why do they keep losing now? started season well lol

decided to go a game around xmass

CJ_covblaze

did the steal the skydome from an exisiting cov hockey team? if not there is no problem

just like if we moved permanently to northampton it wouldnt be the city of northampton i would be angry at if cov had no stadium to play in cov

as for blaze why do they keep losing now? started season well lol

decided to go a game around xmass

Changes are needed at the top. Some individuals need to be thanked for everything they’ve done for the club and for British hockey (this is unmeasurable) & make way for someone with fresh ideas. They’ve been great but it’s time to say goodbye.

Users who are viewing this thread