Blatter Resigns (1 Viewer)

Grendel

Big surprise that. I guess Dyke has to get some credit here.

chiefdave

Didn't think he'd go until he was forced. Has he been tipped off that those already arrested have dropped him in it and given the chance to resign ahead of any further action?

chiefdave

And agree, credit where its due to Dyke. I think you have to say of the 'bigger' footballing nations we've been the ones really pushing this. Platini seems thick as thieves with FIFA and the Germans had already ruled out a boycott before UEFA met to discuss the possibility.

Samo

Nasty little man couldn't even resign with any grace.

Terry Gibson's perm

Fantastic news for football but somebody needs to get into FIFA tonight and take all the shredders!

have the sponsors ganged up on him?

Otis

Didn't think he'd go until he was forced. Has he been tipped off that those already arrested have dropped him in it and given the chance to resign ahead of any further action?
Spot on I would have thought.

Tad

Something must of come to light to trigger this in the rushed manner it has.
I wonder if Blatter wanted the election to go ahead as he thought he was safe, but his supporters weren't. Since then, he's been found out and is now panicking. The next few days will be interesting.

As for Fifa, I'm not sure it will matter in till we know what they plan in the future. I'm not confident things will change.

Last edited:

Tad

Also, If the US have something on him now, what countries can he flee to that'll stop American getting him? Russia?

J

Jack Griffin

About time, the net was closing. This should not stop any investigation, if he is guilty he should be arrested & deported.

Damian Collins ‏@DamianCollins 47m47 minutes ago

Sepp Blatter resigns as President of #FIFA He must not escape the investigation of past wrongdoing. There must now be full and open reform
42 retweets 18 favorites

Terry Gibson's perm

Be interesting to see who stands for the role, I don't think Prince Ali was the right man just a better bet than the little shit Blatter.

Terry Gibson's perm

Also, If the US have something on him now, what countries can he flee to that'll stop American getting him? Russia?

Putin owes him one but he has just become much less useful so may lose some of the love for him.

J

Jack Griffin

Next target take the WC from Qatar. Completely impractical to hold it in winter in a f***ing desert country and disrupt football.

I wonder what position Prince Ali takes on that?

tisza

something major must have been uncovered in the last 48 hours. not in this man's character to go willingly.make this valke business is about to open a real can of worms.

Alan Dugdales Moustache

I reckon Blatter could do no worse taking over CCFC than our current owners. :eek:

Alan Dugdales Moustache

Been listening to this on the radio and they spout the same western anglo saxon dribble you guys do

That's very, very kind old chap .:D

Terry Gibson's perm

New York Times is reporting that Blatter is under a federal corruption investigation.

Tad

And to no surprise to anyone, Blatter is now being investigated by America :)

CJ_covblaze

New York Times is reporting that Blatter is under a federal corruption investigation.

No surprises there. This is just the first step. Many more to go before things are on the straight and narrow. Hopefully the decision to award Qatar and more importantly Russia the WC will be overturned somehow.

Tad

Been listening to this on the radio and they spout the same western anglo saxon dribble you guys do

It must be nice living in that oblivious to the obvious world of yours.

Captain Dart

Heard on the radio this morning they have turned on the Large Hadron Collider at Geneva, Switzerland.

The search for Dark Blatter continues.

LastGarrison

Next target take the WC from Qatar. Completely impractical to hold it in winter in a f***ing desert country and disrupt football.

I wonder what position Prince Ali takes on that?
And let's not forget the thousands of migrant workers who have, and continue, to die in building these stadiums.

ajsccfc

Snrub.jpg

Mr Rettalb is the frontrunner for the vacant president spot.

Also, simonregis is a weird, weird fellow.

Users who are viewing this thread