Blair Adams (1 Viewer)

torchomatic

I liked him. Thought he was a decent left back. Letting him go was Another Pressley mistake.

Dimi_Konstantflapalot

Yeah he was a good player. There was a rumour going around that we owed Sunderland money in appearance fees once he hit 50 - he got to 49 and was then dropped for the last 6 matches of the 13/14 season and released...

Calista

I thought he was a fantastic left back, and a key part of that purple patch when Robins had us flying. Hard to understand how his career can have gone do far downhill, and I hope it's not too late for him to revive it.

CJ_covblaze

That clown pressley ruined Blair Adams career. Destroyed him.

I look back at pressley and how he was ever allowed to manage a football club and shake my head.

Quite a few players would say the same too.

Bluescarf

Thought he looked fairly decent for us - Now playing for Hartlepool (tv game) who are in serious relegation trouble in the national league
He was great for us . Great going forward and a better defender in my humble opinion than Christie . Those were the days my friend we thought they’d never end ! What a plonker Presley was !

JimmyHillsbeard

Pretty certain he stopped playing after 49 appearances/starts for us. Then released in the summer. I liked him but he’s hardly set the world alight since leaving us so you can hardly say it was a mistake to let him go

SlowerThanPlatt

How did Pressley ruin his career? Correct me if I’m wrong but it would be the board pushing it if a fee was involved when he hit 50 apps.

I actually thought he would end up a better player than Cyrus Christie during his time here. Unfortunately for him for whatever reason he’s now in the conference and Cyrus has made 171 appearances in the Championship

ccfcway

Quite a few players would say the same too.

First game at Sixfields...

Murphy (GK), Adams, Christie, Webster, J. Clarke, Fleck, Thomas, Daniels, Moussa, Wilson, L. Clarke (c).

that team went on to play in....

League One : J Clarke, Thomas, Daniels
Championship : Murphy, Christie, Fleck, L Clarke, Moussa,
Prem : Wilson
Scotland : Webster

who's career did he destroy (apart from Webster :))

wingy

First game at Sixfields...

Murphy (GK), Adams, Christie, Webster, J. Clarke, Fleck, Thomas, Daniels, Moussa, Wilson, L. Clarke (c).

that team went on to play in....

League One : J Clarke, Thomas, Daniels
Championship : Murphy, Christie, Fleck, L Clarke, Moussa,
Prem : Wilson
Scotland : Webster

who's career did he destroy (apart from Webster :))
Who took over at LB? Can't remember .
But have to remember Pressley was tasked with halving the player budget ,and seemed willing to fulfill that role.
Aa alluded it's feasible a fee was due at 50 games but that doesn't explain the players demise so could be argued it was ability based .
Just guessing really, personally thought he was just average.

Dimi_Konstantflapalot

Who took over at LB? Can't remember .
But have to remember Pressley was tasked with halving the player budget ,and seemed willing to fulfill that role.
Aa alluded it's feasible a fee was due at 50 games but that doesn't explain the players demise so could be argued it was ability based .
Just guessing really, personally thought he was just average.

Clarke/Willis played there out of position for last 6 games.

Users who are viewing this thread