Blair Adams wants to stay (1 Viewer)

AFCCOVENTRY

BLAIR Adams would jump at the chance to extend his loan spell at Coventry City – and the statistics underline why the Sky Blues are desperate to keep him.

Read More http://www.coventrytelegraph.net/coventry-city-fc/coventry-city-fc-news/2012/12/18/blair-adams-wants-to-extend-stay-at-coventry-city-92746-32448946/#ixzz2FOSJ29rY

Otis

Good lad. Been really impressed with him.

He's been everything Chris Hussey hasn't been.

Hope he stays.

torchomatic

Yep, he's been excellent.

Mucca Mad Boys

Good lad. Been really impressed with him.

He's been everything Chris Hussey hasn't been.

Hope he stays.

That made me chuckle.

I hope he stays, his service is top notch, and he is a lot, lot better than Hussey. If we reach the promised land (for us, now the Championship) I think we could sign him on a permanent (hopefully).

kg82

I think it bodes well for us that he hasn't spoken to Martin O'Neill and there's been no talk of contract extensions even though he's in the last year of his contract. Really impressed me and definitely one of the "big 4" that need signing up till at least the end of the season!

covcity4life

i must ask then why soooooooooo many posters assumed blair would not be with cov after january?

negativity finnaly starting to subside?

Sky Blue Sheepy

Got to be my 2nd favourite loanee atm - behind McGoldrick ofc.
Not only is he a good defender and attacker (pretty much epitomised by goal #3 vs Donny) but he's actually brought the best out of McSheffrey too - the link up between the 2 has been outstanding of late imo.
Would be very positive about the rest of the season if we could keep him (and McG too but getting less likely)

stupot07

i must ask then why soooooooooo many posters assumed blair would not be with cov after january?

negativity finnaly starting to subside?

It's still entirely Sunderlands decision. They might want to loan him out to a championship team to further develop and challenge him.

I'm sure I remember van aanholt saying he would jump at the chance of staying, Chelsea then loaned him out to another club.

scroobiustom

To play devil's advocate slightly....

Personally I don't think an excellent loan spell should automatically demand we sign a player (and love them long time)

I think as long as we (Robins) continues to bring in hungry players on loan, even if that's for a few months only, assuming the fee's we pay are nominal I would be happy to keep rotating the players we get in on loan.

I'd love Coventry to develop the reputation as a finishing school for academy players and that raw quality see the club progress at the same time.

covcity4life

It's still entirely Sunderlands decision. They might want to loan him out to a championship team to further develop and challenge him.

I'm sure I remember van aanholt saying he would jump at the chance of staying, Chelsea then loaned him out to another club.

its 50/50 then

stop all this "no chance" bullshit

Users who are viewing this thread