Blackpool FC up for sale (1 Viewer)

no_loyalty

Looks like they might have got a result in finally getting rid of the Oystons from the club (albeit could go to a tribunal), as it looks they will probably have to sell the club

Belokon wins Blackpool FC court battle

CJ_covblaze

No owner can do a worse job than Oyston or SISU.

Oyston is the sort of bloke that will pay the 30 million just to piss off the Blackpool fans even more. Not like he’d miss it.

Covstu

The major difference was they had someone with a bit of clout fighting for them, what do we have? The trust?

CJ_covblaze

clint van damme

Looks like they might have got a result in finally getting rid of the Oystons from the club (albeit could go to a tribunal), as it looks they will probably have to sell the club

Belokon wins Blackpool FC court battle

hasn't the Lithuanian guy who they owe money to wanted to buy the club for a while? Maybe they could give it to him as settlement. I believe he was involved before and is fairly well liked among their support.

jimmyhillsfanclub

it might be the only way he gets what he's owed, (or anything approaching it).
I believe he wants control of the club back.

To be honest, I don't know that much about him......but I believe the Oystons are very rich & very spiteful......I can see them punishing the club even further over this.

If I was the Lithuanian geezer, I'd get the courts to make them pay my £31m ASAP......then rescue the club from whatever sorry state the current owners leave it in....

Grendel

To be honest, I don't know that much about him......but I believe the Oystons are very rich & very spiteful......I can see them punishing the club even further over this.

If I was the Lithuanian geezer, I'd get the courts to make them pay my £31m ASAP......then rescue the club from whatever sorry state the current owners leave it in....

It’s been an on going battle for years but the wretched Oystens show why any argument sisu are unfit owners is a pointless excercise. Oysten senior is a convicted rapist of a sixteen year old as was still considered fit and proper.

ajsccfc

Blackpool FC Club Statement
The Directors of Blackpool Football Club and Blackpool Football Club Properties are now in a position, following the conclusion of litigation, to market for sale Blackpool Football Club Limited and Blackpool Football Club Properties Limited.

I've got relatives who've been waiting for the Oystons to fuck off, good week for them.

dongonzalos

Blackpool have been put up for sale by the Oyston family.

The Seasiders confirmed the decision in a statement on Friday afternoon, which follows a High Court ruling against the Oyston family, who were ordered to pay £31.27million to former club president Valeri Belokon.

skybluetony176

The statement from BFC about now being put on the market and why is probably a good hint as to when sisu will go i.e. not until JR2 is concluded. Here’s hoping that the appeal fails and they have no where else to go with it. Sooner JR2 is over the sooner they’ll look for an exit.

Adge

Great for them and fair play to the fans who have stood by their guns by boycotting and their actions have added to this decision no doubt. Shame most of ours at home games couldn't do the same but as someone else said I think the key date for us is the JR2 when hopefully we get rid of this cancer.

clint van damme

Great for them and fair play to the fans who have stood by their guns by boycotting and their actions have added to this decision no doubt. Shame most of ours at home games couldn't do the same but as someone else said I think the key date for us is the JR2 when hopefully we get rid of this cancer.

their homes gates matched if not exceeded ours. There were buyers wanting to take over the club but the Oystons refused to sell.
Their decision to sell now has been taken purely due to the 31 million they were ordered to pay by the courts this week, nothing to do with any boycott.

Grendel

Well I guess we have another 20 years to go if we follow the same timeline.

oucho

At least Blackpool got a promotion and a swashbuckling year in the Prem for their troubles.

In fairness, for all Sisu and TF's faults, they are on a different planet to convicted rapist Owen Oyston. They may have ruined a football club but they haven't genuinely ruined anyone's lives.

Grendel

Boycotting had zero to do with it so stop making up rubbish

Sky_Blue_Daz

At least Blackpool got a promotion and a swashbuckling year in the Prem for their troubles.

In fairness, for all Sisu and TF's faults, they are on a different planet to convicted rapist Owen Oyston. They may have ruined a football club but they haven't genuinely ruined anyone's lives.
Yes they almost managed to stay up too, that would of been some story

Sky Blue Kid

Superb management skills... Only spent just over £500k for players that got them promotion. Ian Holloway was a genius, remember him taking Blackpool to Old Trafford and nearly beating Manure in a multi goal thriller.

oucho

The point i was making was that we can at times lose perspective on Sisu. For all that I despise for their actions, nobody has genuinely been through a harrowing experience at their hands unlike Oyston's victims.

Irish Sky Blue

While agreeing that the Oystons seem completely despicable people, when they leave Blackpool the club's infrastructure will still be in place. When Sisu go it is probable we will have no ground, no training ground and no academy. All things they are responsible for losing and major areas for new owners to address. In the owner's league table I still think ours are the worst.

Nick

Administrator

You go to home games too though?

Users who are viewing this thread