Black Friday at CCFC Store (1 Viewer)

Terry Gibson's perm

No I can't either probably can only handle about 5 people looking so we have crashed it.

torchomatic

Took ages to display the page. Some good stuff really.

ajsccfc

I've sat with the page loading for ages, it's like when we returned to the Ricoh and crashed the ticket page.

Rob S

Someone needs to have a chat with the club's web host about load-balancing, fail-overs and caching...

Otis

Someone needs to have a chat with the club's web host about load-balancing, fail-overs and caching...
Eh, load-balancing, fail-overs and caching?

Sounds more like you are describing clowns and acrobats at Billy Smart's Circus.

GaryMabbuttsLeftKnee

I also can't get on... It's so basic, it shouldn't be this difficult when you're expecting a surge in web traffic. Anyone care to shed any light on what's available? Any offers on replica kits?

shmmeee

Is the shop site just ours or us it a multiply deal like Sky Blue Player and the main website?

I can't imagine peak traffic is more than a couple of thousand at absolute most. I'd wager SBT has more demand on it. Maybe Nick can offer them some space?

Nick

Administrator

I have already emailed the guy at Just Sport ;)

Looks like it is hosted through their web developer, probably just a normal basic server at Red Station.

They could do with a couple of servers load balanced though, not too hard to setup.

Nick

Administrator
Is the shop site just ours or us it a multiply deal like Sky Blue Player and the main website?

I can't imagine peak traffic is more than a couple of thousand at absolute most. I'd wager SBT has more demand on it. Maybe Nick can offer them some space?

Nah I think it is through Just Sport's Web Developer who does all the other club shops too! They have sent out a black friday email to I assume all the clubs fans and the traffic has killed it.

Could sort them out with a load balanced option easy enough :) It would spread the load between 2 servers then!

sw88

Chief Commentator!
Are the same deals available in the shop? Begrudge paying £5 for delivery to be honest.

I believe they said on a recent tweet that it was online and in store.

inhad the same problems getting on. Worked initially and seemed fine. Then more people got in on the act and it slowed it down to the point of it stopping altogether.

ajsccfc

The time it took to load initially, it would have definitely been quicker to drive to the club shop. That would have been the shittest Top Gear challenge ever, mind.

oscillatewildly

I don't think 'Black Friday at CCFC store' is a statement indicative of the club joining in with the feel good jamboree of price slashing currently sweeping the nation, is it?
Surely, it's a performance update?

R

RB1992

Absolutely gutted I couldn't get the morning off work

I can picture the scenes in the club shop... grown men brawling over Sky Blue Sam teddies... pretty frightening stuff.

Johnnythespider

Nah I think it is through Just Sport's Web Developer who does all the other club shops too! They have sent out a black friday email to I assume all the clubs fans and the traffic has killed it.

Could sort them out with a load balanced option easy enough :) It would spread the load between 2 servers then!
Spread the load between 2 servers, sounds a bit like a bra !

Alkhen

Got a skyblue sam for my little lad, Sodding £5 postage and a proper chugging internet speed nearly put me off but I am determined to indoctrinate his tiny 3 year old mind to my skyblue way of thinking :)

Users who are viewing this thread