Bit slow on here aint it (1 Viewer)

J

JuanDan petrolman

?

where is everyone?

Nick

Administrator
The forum has only been online 3 days :)

Still trying to get people on here, get people posting and I am still working on the code and improving the features :)

Feel free to liven the place up with some good quality posts which will make people want to reply to WITHOUT upsetting people!

J

JuanDan petrolman

3 days?

not bad, well done it looks very smart im sure people will be joining from gmk and twt when they find this place.

i tell you what we (we as in you) could do, maybe go on those forums and post on there to tell them about this site and tempt them over here. if not then flood there boards with multiple posts so they get fed up or it crashes

lol

Nick

Administrator
Ha I don't think that would go down too well!

If people want to join then they will off their own backs! I don't really want to be crashing servers or spamming the crap out of them to get them here as it will only upset people!

Would rather fill it with informative posts and giving people a reason to join here rather than forcing them!

J

JuanDan petrolman

ok thats a good point but heres a better one. why not do match previews and reviews and artcles etc like the other sites but unlike the other sites we (you) can make them good, intresting and relevant. i mean its a good idea but if take a look at some of the crap on the other sites its laughable, most notably the latest offering from twt, they dont even know where burnley is or who city played. This is either the owrk of someone very stupid or very lazy.

if its meant to be funny then let me tell you....... ITS NOT

Millo

I think that would be a really good feature actually, do some match reports and stick them up, I'd be happy to stick up a quickish one from the games I go to.

Nick

Administrator
If anybody is willing to stick up match reports and features then that is great.

Do you think I should make a forum called match reports or stick to putting them in the match topics?

Which do you think will be easiest?

Millo

Can you set up a system where the Home Page has the reports on then links to the forums to comment on them? I know a few popular sites for other clubs are run that way.

Nick

Administrator
So you mean like at the top of the page have a bit that says "Latest Match Reports" and in a box has say "QPR" and then you click on QPR and it takes you to the QPR thread with the match report in?

Millo

Yea sort of, like make the reports a proper feature of the site rather than just a section in the forums, if you know what I mean?

Nick

Administrator
The way it is coded it is just a forum so that is the easiest way to do it really without using a whole new software which is not possible at the minute because of cost etc!

I could make it as a part of the forum for now but have links at the top of the page directly to it?

J

JuanDan petrolman

Millo said:
Yea sort of, like make the reports a proper feature of the site rather than just a section in the forums, if you know what I mean?

yeah, i know what you mean as your stealing my bloody ideas

NOB

Millo

Yea I'm sure that would be fine, match reports invite more discussion also so could help make it a bit more active here.

Users who are viewing this thread