Birmingham Senior Cup (1 Viewer)

AndyM

Here's the team sheet for tonight's game against Halesowen Town.

4c0adf34da6f2626ee368863cb8cb712.jpg

Follow @ccfc_youth on Twitter.
http://www.twitter.com/ccfc_youth

RoboCCFC90

Okay! Made the journey out for the game tonight with a few lads and we were vocal all night.

There were a few positives to take tonight, firstly being that our young kids do look talented, there is definitely good technical ability there, it was also good to see that the Club treated this professionally, All the staff, Steven Pressley, Neil McFarlane, Kieran Crowley, Steve Waggott and more came tonight to support the lads and help the 18's which I thought was good.

Negatives, the 18's were battered by the physicality of the opponents which I sort of forgive because there was not many of these lads who will be used to playing this type of Football, however Adam Barton was poor tonight unfortunately, for someone of his ability and his hype the lad was real poor tonight and I can't see a future for him here if he plays in that manner. We also didn't create any chances at all which was slightly depressing.. Other than that good laugh I guess!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RoboCCFC90

How come Maddison and George Thomas didn't play?

There playing in the U21 fixture against Crystal Palace today, which is at the Ricoh!

coop

So we don't create chances in the under 18s and we don't create chances in the first team doesn't that tell SP something.

lewys33

I remember playing Walsall in the final of the Birmingham senior cup a few years back (2007 I think?). Only 1 stand open. There were a few of us singing at the back though. 1 lad stole the toilet brush from the train, and quite a few songs were dedicated to that. Then we got bored and decided to attempt the conga around the whole stadium. That got us kicked out!

Fortunately the stewards wern't too bright, and a friend opened the door for us to get back in. There was a football match going on as well mind, it went to ET and we won 3-2! Had to run to the train station to get the last train back to Coventry. Quality night.

Last edited:

AndyM

So we don't create chances in the under 18s and we don't create chances in the first team doesn't that tell SP something.

That's a bit harsh on the U18s. Don't forget they were mostly 16-18 year old lads playing against a men's side. The U18s have created loads of chances this season. They are top of PDL 2 North. They've scored more goals, have a better goal difference, and have more points than any team in PDL 2 North or South. And last night they were missing their top 2 goalscorers: James Maddison (6) and George Thomas (5), and Kyle Spence (4) came off the bench for the last 5 minutes, plus midfielder Ben Stevenson who's been in excellent form in recent games didn't play.

http://youthhawk.co.uk/wiki/2014-15_Under-18_League_2

http://youthhawk.co.uk/wiki/Coventry_City_Under-18s

Last edited:

coop

Point taken but you can't get away from the fact that we are not creating enough chances and still conceding the same shit goals aa last season

Woodster

Just down the road from me so I stuck my head in last night.

Unsurprisingly the pups were outmuscled and bullied a bit. The surface was poor with the ball bobbling a lot, you could see that Halesowen were much more used to it and frankly they were the better side start to finish.

I thought that Devon Kelly-Evans (central midfielder) looked fairly sharp and stood out for me as one to watch, Jordan Shipley showed some nice touches and Jay Albini has some quite lively pace. Jake Richards in goal looked pretty solid, kicking was a bit hit and miss but I think there's something to work with. As mentioned above it was disappointing the lack of influence Barton and Daniels had on the game.

Ashdown

Pfft, Birmingham Senior Cup................why do we even compete, we're not quite part of Greater Birmingham yet are we ?

hill83

Okay! Made the journey out for the game tonight with a few lads and we were vocal all night.

There were a few positives to take tonight, firstly being that our young kids do look talented, there is definitely good technical ability there, it was also good to see that the Club treated this professionally, All the staff, Steven Pressley, Neil McFarlane, Kieran Crowley, Steve Waggott and more came tonight to support the lads and help the 18's which I thought was good.

Negatives, the 18's were battered by the physicality of the opponents which I sort of forgive because there was not many of these lads who will be used to playing this type of Football, however Adam Barton was poor tonight unfortunately, for someone of his ability and his hype the lad was real poor tonight and I can't see a future for him here if he plays in that manner. We also didn't create any chances at all which was slightly depressing.. Other than that good laugh I guess!

Isn't it about time we fucked Adam Barton off. He's shit.

CJ_covblaze

I remember playing Walsall in the final of the Birmingham senior cup a few years back (2007 I think?). Only 1 stand open. There were a few of us singing at the back though. 1 lad stole the toilet brush from the train, and quite a few songs were dedicated to that. Then we got bored and decided to attempt the conga around the whole stadium. That got us kicked out!

Fortunately the stewards wern't too bright, and a friend opened the door for us to get back in. There was a football match going on as well mind, it went to ET and we won 3-2! Had to run to the train station to get the last train back to Coventry. Quality night.

Said on a different thread but remember being sat with Troy Deeney who'd scored two and his Dad on the train?

CJ_covblaze

Pfft, Birmingham Senior Cup................why do we even compete, we're not quite part of Greater Birmingham yet are we ?

We're governed by the BCFA. If the club didn't enter they'd be fined 3.5k just like the Vile.

SkyBlueSid

A few years ago, when we were in the Premier League I think, the BCFA tried to insist that all teams fielded their strongest teams in the Birmingham Senior Cup. Some committee of crusty old blazers were trying to make it a credible competition and show teams who was the boss. Needless to say everyone ignored the decree and paid the fine. The BCFA became more of a laughing stock than they already were.

Users who are viewing this thread