Birmingham moving to Coventry. (1 Viewer)

SkyblueBazza

Some of you think you are being funny I am sure...but if you are going to be properly funny or laugh along with someone else that thinks they are...at least educate yourself on the subject first.

Brummies aren't yam-yams, although there is obviously the grey area where the Black Country extends into NW Birmingham. They don't even speak the same.

Why the Black Country shouldn't be confused with Birmingham

BBC - Black Country Features - Black Country dialect

Almost like calling Spurs fans cockney. And it is as irritating & ridiculous as when you are miles away from home & tell someone where you live & you say Coventry they say my aunt lives there & tell you about them in wild expectation that you live next door or know them really well.

Never tried to lose my Black Country accent, people generally accept it. The odd one or two make a pathetic attempt to mock it which depending on my mood gains a polite smile or I say encouraging things to help them look even dafter (It's funny nobody ever says they do a good take off either...usually end laughing at them)

So maybe...if you are interested in endearing yourself to our generous hosts next season - don't go full on taking the piss out of the locals...or at least get it right & they might find it mildly amusing.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread