Birmingham City Accounts 2017/18 (1 Viewer)

Nick

Administrator
That's madness. So much for FFP to try and make clubs live within their means.

Nick

Administrator
Are their owners just covering it? Last thing I knew it was that dodgy chinese fella.

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
what a complete mess, and it would seem only likely to get worse. The financing has chopped and changed through the year which is never a good sign at all, the costs are 3 times the income, they are in transfer embargo with financial penalties to follow, and audit report that says they have material uncertainty as to whether they can survive, they need additional funding by December 2019 of £39m.

There overall net deficit on the balance sheet £55m despite owning the ground ours is £17m and no ground to speak of ............. ground issue aside i think i would rather have our figures!

clint van damme

if we get to the Championship I hope we spend only what money we have coming in and don't borrow a penny, if we end up getting relegated so be it.
Of course, if some rich maniac with more money than sense wants to fund a promotion push out of his own pocket then great, but I don't want a penny of debt loaded on to the club in the pursuit of a place in the EPL.

Nick

Administrator
if we get to the Championship I hope we spend only what money we have coming in and don't borrow a penny, if we end up getting relegated so be it.
Of course, if some rich maniac with more money than sense wants to fund a promotion push out of his own pocket then great, but I don't want a penny of debt loaded on to the club in the pursuit of a place in the EPL.

Dont think theres much chance of competing there living within your means, people throw silly amounts to try and get at the premier league.

Its everything wrong about football that its allowed.

speedie87

Definitely a case of another club suffering from spending money they didn’t have on players redknapp wanted.

tisza

You can go through a load of Championship clubs finances and many are a mess.
Few if any are self funding.
The charge for the PL is scary. Saw a figure that wolves spent 110m just in transfer fees to get promoted.

Captain Dart

Some interesting graphics.
DwJ1alWWkAENasQ.jpg

And full write up..
Birmingham City 2018: The Lion Sleeps Tonight

tisza

Some interesting graphics.
DwJ1alWWkAENasQ.jpg

And full write up..
Birmingham City 2018: The Lion Sleeps Tonight
Shows how strange the football industry is. How any regulatory body can say it is okay to lose 39m over a 3 year period is a bit of a nonsense.
Got clubs losing vast sums just treading water to stay in the championship.
Equally deluded owners just running up debt and hoping to get lucky somehow, find right manager etc. and get promotion.

Nick

Administrator
That's the thing, good football ownership nowadays is throwing millions in the club doesn't have.

Orient didn't work out well.

tisza

That's the thing, good football ownership nowadays is throwing millions in the club doesn't have.

Orient didn't work out well.
Interesting that Marcus Evans at Ipswich was a hero there for years - now he seems to want out (or at least not put in more than the 95m he has already lent the club) and is not prepared to write-off all his money and he's a villain.
Big financial losses then the manager says he says he needs at least 6 new players in Jan which fans are looking to the owner to provide.
Can't help but see a small parallel in this last bit with our relegation from Championship when owners thought we had enough to avoid relegation and didn't invest in Jan (indeed sold Jutki).

Nick

Administrator
Interesting that Marcus Evans at Ipswich was a hero there for years - now he seems to want out (or at least not put in more than the 95m he has already lent the club) and is not prepared to write-off all his money and he's a villain.
Big financial losses then the manager says he says he needs at least 6 new players in Jan which fans are looking to the owner to provide.
Can't help but see a small parallel in this last bit with our relegation from Championship when owners thought we had enough to avoid relegation and didn't invest in Jan (indeed sold Jutki).

That's the thing, as soon as the money tap stops its all shouting and protesting and demanding the football League do something.

Not many can afford to throw millions in and not get any of it back.

That's when the issues start, the cost cutting to stop the losses, the player sales etc.

steve82

When was redknapp there as he usually leaves chaos behind him with his reckless spending

Definitely a case of another club suffering from spending money they didn’t have on players redknapp wanted.

It’s not Redknapp’s fault tho is it, it the people who bring these managers in and agree they will invest x amount into the team.

Would Harry go to Birmingham in the first place if they said we want you Harry but we have no money in fact we need you to half the budget not bring in players for a few million.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Terry Gibson's perm

It’s not Redknapp’s fault tho is it, it the people who bring these managers in and agree they will invest x amount into the team.

Would Harry go to Birmingham in the first place if they said we want you Harry but we have no money in fact we need you to half the budget not bring in players for a few million.

He overpays for players and gives them deals way beyond their worth

steve82

He overpays for players and gives them deals way beyond their worth

I cannot comment on deals he’s personally offered as I don’t have enough information or seen anything to suggest otherwise so will have to leave you on that one.

All I can say is the money people above him are agreeing to the deals to and they are the ones backing him in the market.

When he went to Birmingham to beat relegation he did it for free I believe, they then offered him a deal to set about a a promotion push with funds available.

If the funds are not available you don’t go to Harry to hope to get you up, you get someone who can work on a budget that realistically fits your business model

Terry Gibson's perm

I cannot comment on deals he’s personally offered as I don’t have enough information or seen anything to suggest otherwise so will have to leave you on that one.

All I can say is the money people above him are agreeing to the deals to and they are the ones backing him in the market.

When he went to Birmingham to beat relegation he did it for free I believe, they then offered him a deal to set about a a promotion push with funds available.

If the funds are not available you don’t go to Harry to hope to get you up, you get someone who can work on a budget that realistically fits your business model

My father in law is a blues fan, he tends to leave carnage everywhere but is a lovely bloke I am told

no_loyalty

My Blues supporting mate at work is adamant they will receive a point's deduction before the end of the season.

Users who are viewing this thread