Bigi (1 Viewer)

R

RB1992

Really hope we make a move for him on a permanent deal, it's pointless him rotting in Newcastle reserves.

Make it happen Tony.

Brylowes

Really hope we make a move for him on a permanent deal, it's pointless him rotting in Newcastle reserves.

Make it happen Tony.
So we should sign him because it's pointless him rotting in Newcastle reserves, I'd rather
we sign players because of how they will fit in here.
Dont think he will make there reserves TBH .

Mind you if he comes as part of a package including Armstrong, I'm in. ;)

Kingokings204

I like bigi although clearly has his faults. He has got better towards the end of the season due to playing competitive football and TM working his magic. A pre season under mowbray and he would be decent for us imo

ccfc92

I like bigi although clearly has his faults. He has got better towards the end of the season due to playing competitive football and TM working his magic. A pre season under mowbray and he would be decent for us imo

I think this is a very good thought.

The kid hadn't played much since leaving us, plus his illness that he had, it's worth a years contract to see how he develops, with a trigger year for the club IMO.

Grendel

The fact is if he's name wasn't Bigi no one would want him.

skybluetony176

I think you have a chance of being right with this. He's shown a shadow of the potential he had when we sold him and looks like a player who's forgotten how to play competitive football. Like you say he's got better the longer he's been here and a good preseason might do him a world of good.

eastwoodsdustman

Honestly can't see why people have a downer on him. He hadn't played for 2 years when he arrived and has got better as he got more game time. He was very good on sunday and I think that he will carry this on next season.

Grendel

Honestly can't see why people have a downer on him. He hadn't played for 2 years when he arrived and has got better as he got more game time. He was very good on sunday and I think that he will carry this on next season.

He's just mediocre. If we was any good at all Newcastle would retain him if relegated given the investment made in him.

At best he'd be a squad player and I'm sure there are far better squad players than him. The Peterborough game exposed his failings.

Hobo

As it stands he might be a useful squad player rather than an automatic choice. The coaches have worked with him, so if they feel he can and will develop fair enough. But if they have any doubts, could we not do better? Mowbray and his team are best placed to make the call.

Nick

Administrator

But the best midfielder in the league?

If he had come on loan from Derby or somewhere with no history with us, people wouldn't want to know.

If he signs, then I hope he does amazing for us and proves any doubters wrong.

Grendel

As it stands he might be a useful squad player rather than an automatic choice. The coaches have worked with him, so if they feel he can and will develop fair enough. But if they have any doubts, could we not do better? Mowbray and his team are best placed to make the call.

He won't cost the club anything. He's signing.

ccfc92

[MENTION=2]Nick[/MENTION]

What do you think about KingofKings post about a good pre season with TM and his staff under his belt?

Nick

Administrator
@Nick

What do you think about KingofKings post about a good pre season with TM and his staff under his belt?

If he signs then I hope he does well.

I still don't think we would be interested if he was a Dave Smith from Burnley though and it is more the fact about him and Coventry etc.

Grendel

[MENTION=2]Nick[/MENTION]

I'm sorry to offend but in football parlance the guy is poor.

No amount of training will make him any better technically.

Also I repeat if his name was Morris and he came from Boro no one would want him back. It's a wierd obsession just as he used to play here.

Lee Burge could be trained for years - he will still not be a very good goalkeeper.

Gaz

I like his story and he seems a good kid, but as a player I won't be disappointed if he doesn't sign.

ccfc92

If he signs then I hope he does well.

I still don't think we would be interested if he was a Dave Smith from Burnley though and it is more the fact about him and Coventry etc.

That's not an answer, that's wishing someone well :)

Grendel

It's just straw clutching by people trying to see something thats not there.

ccfc92

I'm sorry to offend but in football parlance the guy is poor.

No amount of training will make him any better technically.

Also I repeat if his name was Morris and he came from Boro no one would want him back. It's a wierd obsession just as he used to play here.

Lee Burge could be trained for years - he will still not be a very good goalkeeper.

Personally, it's not the Coventry connection for me. I just want to know what Newcastle saw in him that didn't come to fruition.

Nick

Administrator

I don't know as I don't get to see him in training?

You would think that when he was at Newcastle he would be around better coaches and better players every day so he would have come here with his game raised?

If somebody has been at a Premier League team for 3 years, even in the reserves you would expect them to still have improved a lot from the coaching.

I_Saw_Shaw_Score

Not bothered if he signs even if Fleck goes, Vincelot, Vlad, Lawton, Rose & Stevenson would do for me, if someone very decent is out there would wait for them to come about than Bigi.

ccfc92

Well I don't know do I as I don't get to see him in training?

You would think that when he was at Newcastle he would be around better coaches and better players every day so he would have come here with his game raised?

I'm not saying you do see him in training.

I just asked, would a pre season under TM, and regular competitive football, help him develop into a decent enough player for us? Or not?

Grendel

I'm not saying you do see him in training.

I just asked, would a pre season under TM, and regular competitive football, help him develop into a decent enough player for us? Or not?

He won't be playing regular football

oucho

It's just straw clutching by people trying to see something thats not there.

SHOCK as Grendel talks sense!!

Agreed...if we can't get anyone better then maybe, but surely it's worth a good look around the market, chances are there are plenty better out there than him.

Users who are viewing this thread