Bickering (1 Viewer)

covan

I didn't know what to add as a title so I thought bickering was a good way to start as that's where it's likely to end.

Just so it's on record (and before you reply with something you don't agree with please refur back to this part to see if you are wrong)

I don't like SISU, never have & given the chance I would inflict pain on most of them. I don't like ACL. They are also to blame for this. It's not about who & how much each person is to blame It's a fact.

I don't like the trust. They have very few ideas & they brainwash everyone they can in to following their idea & this doesn't help REASONABLE arguments get heard.

I've not been to any games at Northampton.

I've not been on the hill.

Both of the above I probably will do. Mainly because I want to get my message across/protest etc but I don't see why I can't do that on the hill & then sometimes in the ground .... Oh yeah. Of course The NOPM THEORY.. Yep. I said theory.

One of the main issues I have with the trust & some of the brainless sheep following along doing as they are told by not passing another penny over the threshold of sixfields, is because WHO knows for fact 100 % fact that it will work.

I've heard fans say "I'm not lining SISU's pockets"
Yes. You're not. And you probably never have seems as they have put A LOT more in to the club than they have taken out.
(Now before you get angry that it looks like I love SISU, or im a SISU rent boy please refer to the part at the top)
But it's a fact. It's something that gets ignored a lot as it wouldn't help the argument but on paper. Evidence given in court. Never disputed by anyone who understands maths & English. SISU have funded Coventry city for years.

Fuck anything else for a second. Saying 'I'm not giving THEM any money is absolutely bollocks. They've never had any. END OF MATTER.

But back on to point.

The THEORY that if we (as fans) don't give SISU anymore money. They will get fed up & leave.

Well it may be a good THEORY but I'm gonna poke some holes in it.

The football league has rules that were all adhered to before we moved grounds. Reportedly sisu proved to the football league that there is sufficient funds to build a new stadium. And to move in to sixfields the Northampton bosses made us pay or prove we had 3 years rent upfront. Again reported in a number of newspapers.

So it would seem. That they can afford to do this with or without the fans & most probably will. The one thing that can then go up & down in regards to income is ticket sales. Which co-insides with something else that has a chance to go up & down.. The squad.

At the start of the year. Tim fisher to SP we have a Full sqaad. Lets see how it goes in our income of tickets for the next few weeks. NOPM kicked in &... Transfer deadline day. 8 players gone(not sold - effectivly made redundant). So technically. Wether it was purposely done or not. Fans NOT showing up (including myself) caused 8 players to leave. Because they wern't relying on our income to pay rent & bills.

So if it keeps going. They will be forced to sell off all our current squad at some point. But still end up with a team of some sort just in a much lower division. GET IN NOPM SUCCESS STORY !! :-/

So maybe it's time to go back to the drawing board. Get the shepherds at the trust to bring along some sheep & work out a different strategy.

If people actually want to do something then lets get over paying to do it & go out & get something done.

Get to the games & support the lads. Pay SISU - TO HELP FUND THE SQUAD. (Not line their pockets. As i said above. Their pockets are very deep. They've not been lined by CCFC fans before and they are still VERY DEEP. ) Support the guys on the pitch. Scream and shout about the wankers at the top during the quiet times at the game. Show the world how frustrated we are by ACUTUALLY SHOWING THE WORLD SOMETHING. Because no seriously showing the world a league 1 game with a nearly empty or even completely empty ground COULD be making up look to outsiders that we don't care. Plus. Watch sky & look at photos in papers for games in our league & league 2. Some games look pretty dead from camera angles anyway. It won't even make a difference to what's normally shown.

The final part of NOPM is to get city home. I think there's a chance it will happen. But I think that the next part is really important WE WON'T BE THE REASON THAT THINGS CHANGE. if it changes & we go home. It wont be a victory for NOPM or even for a different campaign it's proven that they don't care about us & it's not going to change so they will only return back when they want to. End of story.

So why let the team & yourselves suffer in the meantime. We're not going to make a difference. What's done is done. The only difference we can effect is players on the pitch. So LFTS - let's fund the squad.

Well. It may just be another theory. But I think it makes more sense than the ones we have currently.

Snozz_is_god

Why do you think SISU's pockets are deep? Because they said so? Isn't that a little naive to believe them, they are hardly going to tell the football league what their true intentions are.

SISU's pockets aren't deep at all, once it becomes obvious they aren't going to get their hands on the Ricoh and all legal avenues have been exhausted, they'll be off.

So NOPM will work, it was never going to be instantaneous, it will take 1/2 a season minimum.

If you really want your club back in Coventry then it's the only weapon we have. If you support them and go to Northampton in my opinion you are prolonging the agony.

DazzleTommyDazzle

I've found that a good rule on this site is to ignore any post that has random words and phrases in capitals.

Never ever a good sign.

bigfatronssba

What do you trust what the FL have to say when they've withheld information and broken their own rules several times?

Ctidmark

Yes I fully support nopm. The fact is (not theory) is that Sisu have always sold players instead of investing, thats why we are in League 1. So I will always have Sky Blue blood, but I wont be going to sixfields or the Richo why that scum are in charge of ccfc. So you go a head and live by YOUR theory and feed the scum.
And I will stand by mine and 7000 others

ccfcway

I didn't know what to add as a title so I thought bickering was a good way to start as that's where it's likely to end.

I don't like the trust. They have very few ideas & they brainwash everyone they can in to following their idea & this doesn't help REASONABLE arguments get heard.

No idea at all why you think this will end in bickering

:thinking about:

SkyBlueCharlie

Hi covan,

Genuine question:

You spend a great deal of time in your post having a go at NOPM but then at the very end say "The final part of NOPM is to get city home. I think there's a chance it will happen."

If it's a pointless protest why do you think it might result in the return of the club to the Ricoh?

woody11462

Covan, you raise some goods points (and I'm not a SISU rent boy before you ask) but my worry is what is their end game? I can't see what they have to gain in the long run because from where we are now, even if we got a couple of quick promotions, how would they get their money back by getting in to the premier league? Our costs would only go up, with no ground, and the '60 million' they have already allegedly paid in to the club (or what ever the exact figure is). There is no quick money to be made here and ultimately, that's what they are about as a hedge fund surely?

skybluebeduff

Groundhog day again it seems. I even have a song that makes me want to walk in circles.

Here we go round the mulberry (SISU) bush,

The mulberry (NOPM) bush,
The mulberry (KCIC) bush.
Here we go round the mulberry (ACL/CCC) bush
So early in the morning.

GaryPendrysEyes

1. A business is judged by it's success i.e. it's business outcomes-- mainly profitability and revenue growth. Sisu have failed badly, particular sad that they have lost 10k + fans maybe for the long term.
2. Seeing they either dont readily file accounts, and they run a web of companies moving assets and debts around; your confidence in their investment is ahem somewhat in doubt
3. A the biggest point--

Why the obsession with NOPM by some on here?
There are probably 10,000 fans not bothering with Sixfields, the vast majority of them arent 'organised', havent got a master plan or a NOPM strategy for saving CCFC probably dont know what NOPM is; they either in their gut wont go to 'home' games out of Coventry, or in their gut wont give their money to Sisu who have led the club to this shambles or just cant be bothered any more.

skybluetony176

there is alot of theories in this whole mess

in theory nopm could work
in theory shitsu are going to build a new stadium
in theory acl/ccc/higgins could let joy diversion but the ricoh at the price of her choice
in theory we could be back in the premiership in 2 seasons

you get the idea

the point is everyone has to make their own mind up as what is best to do. for me personally it's nopm until the club are back at the ricoh, if and when that happens i will have to have a long hard think about whether i will continue with that until shitsu are out (follow my head) or hand them my money and start watching the team again (follow my heart).

i will always shout my corner on nopm because i belive i'm right, i'm still in 2 minds regarding the hill so as yet have not been, i will never set foot in sixfields unless we get them away in a cup tie and i will always want shitsu out. however if we ever do return to the ricoh, shitsu go and i start paying to go again if the guy sat next to me was pro shitsu and went to every home game at sixfields i would quite happily shake his hand and even buy him a pint, i would never consider him the enemy. i am quite clear in my mind who the enemy is and it is never going to be a fellow ccfc supporter.

covcity4life

Why do you think SISU's pockets are deep? Because they said so? Isn't that a little naive to believe them, they are hardly going to tell the football league what their true intentions are.

SISU's pockets aren't deep at all, once it becomes obvious they aren't going to get their hands on the Ricoh and all legal avenues have been exhausted, they'll be off.

So NOPM will work, it was never going to be instantaneous, it will take 1/2 a season minimum.

If you really want your club back in Coventry then it's the only weapon we have. If you support them and go to Northampton in my opinion you are prolonging the agony.

so why do you defend the council for plunging us into administration based on fishers threats?

hypocrite.

torchomatic

Another rule of thumb is to ignore anything you don't agree with as it's bound to be a "plant", etc.

I've found that a good rule on this site is to ignore any post that has random words and phrases in capitals.

Never ever a good sign.

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
:thinking about: Bickering, Bickering..... Hmmmmmm..... wasn't he part of the '87 FA Cup team? Good midfielder - sold him to Derby. First name "Nick".

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern

Never ever a good sign.

Yep. I HAVE to AGRee DTd. This is ONE thing that REALLY annoys the HELL OUT OF ME!! Using BOLD TO EMPHASIS A POINT is a pain in the ARse as well!

ccfcway

Groundhog day again it seems. I even have a song that makes me want to walk in circles.

Here we go round the mulberry (SISU) bush,

The mulberry (NOPM) bush,
The mulberry (KCIC) bush.
Here we go round the mulberry (ACL/CCC) bush
So early in the morning.

Isn't it, "on a cold and frosty morning ?"

italiahorse

Just so it's on record (and before you reply with something you don't agree with please refur back to this part to see if you are wrong)

I don't like SISU, never have & given the chance I would inflict pain on most of them. I don't like ACL. They are also to blame for this. It's not about who & how much each person is to blame It's a fact.

I've not been to any games at Northampton.

I've not been on the hill.

Both of the above I probably will do. Mainly because I want to get my message across/protest etc but I don't see why I can't do that on the hill & then sometimes in the ground .... Oh yeah. Of course The NOPM THEORY.. Yep. I said theory.

One of the main issues I have with the trust & some of the brainless sheep following along doing as they are told by not passing another penny over the threshold of sixfields, is because WHO knows for fact 100 % fact that it will work.

I've heard fans say "I'm not lining SISU's pockets"
Yes. You're not. And you probably never have seems as they have put A LOT more in to the club than they have taken out.
(Now before you get angry that it looks like I love SISU, or im a SISU rent boy please refer to the part at the top)
But it's a fact. It's something that gets ignored a lot as it wouldn't help the argument but on paper. Evidence given in court. Never disputed by anyone who understands maths & English. SISU have funded Coventry city for years.

Fuck anything else for a second. Saying 'I'm not giving THEM any money is absolutely bollocks. They've never had any. END OF MATTER.

But back on to point.

The THEORY that if we (as fans) don't give SISU anymore money. They will get fed up & leave.

Well it may be a good THEORY but I'm gonna poke some holes in it.

The football league has rules that were all adhered to before we moved grounds. Reportedly sisu proved to the football league that there is sufficient funds to build a new stadium. And to move in to sixfields the Northampton bosses made us pay or prove we had 3 years rent upfront. Again reported in a number of newspapers.

So it would seem. That they can afford to do this with or without the fans & most probably will. The one thing that can then go up & down in regards to income is ticket sales. Which co-insides with something else that has a chance to go up & down.. The squad.

At the start of the year. Tim fisher to SP we have a Full sqaad. Lets see how it goes in our income of tickets for the next few weeks. NOPM kicked in &... Transfer deadline day. 8 players gone(not sold - effectivly made redundant). So technically. Wether it was purposely done or not. Fans NOT showing up (including myself) caused 8 players to leave. Because they wern't relying on our income to pay rent & bills.

So if it keeps going. They will be forced to sell off all our current squad at some point. But still end up with a team of some sort just in a much lower division. GET IN NOPM SUCCESS STORY !! :-/

So maybe it's time to go back to the drawing board. Get the shepherds at the trust to bring along some sheep & work out a different strategy.

If people actually want to do something then lets get over paying to do it & go out & get something done.

Get to the games & support the lads. Pay SISU - TO HELP FUND THE SQUAD. (Not line their pockets. As i said above. Their pockets are very deep. They've not been lined by CCFC fans before and they are still VERY DEEP. ) Support the guys on the pitch. Scream and shout about the wankers at the top during the quiet times at the game. Show the world how frustrated we are by ACUTUALLY SHOWING THE WORLD SOMETHING. Because no seriously showing the world a league 1 game with a nearly empty or even completely empty ground COULD be making up look to outsiders that we don't care. Plus. Watch sky & look at photos in papers for games in our league & league 2. Some games look pretty dead from camera angles anyway. It won't even make a difference to what's normally shown.

The final part of NOPM is to get city home. I think there's a chance it will happen. But I think that the next part is really important WE WON'T BE THE REASON THAT THINGS CHANGE. if it changes & we go home. It wont be a victory for NOPM or even for a different campaign it's proven that they don't care about us & it's not going to change so they will only return back when they want to. End of story.

So why let the team & yourselves suffer in the meantime. We're not going to make a difference. What's done is done. The only difference we can effect is players on the pitch. So LFTS - let's fund the squad.

Well. It may just be another theory. But I think it makes more sense than the ones we have currently.

Same old NOPM argument just expanded out with an attempt at reasoning.
Where it falls down is that NOPM is easy to participate in because you don't have to actually do anything.
A lot of people like myself struggle for time and finances to actually get there, so by default I am for NOPM.

I would say that it is more likely that should the stadium be announced the majority of these people will make a decision to walk away from CCFC.
I base this on my own feelings.
I have been going for 46 years and have during that period experienced the climb from old second division to the Premiership.
We were at the top level for over 3 decades and during that time won the FA Cup.
Moving to the Ricoh should have cemented us as a Premiership club and based on city size/population that's where we should be.
Poor management has put us where we are, but the worst management decision has yet to come.

Under the current SISU plan all that will be gone for ever. With any luck we will be a financially successful club but we will always be hovering between L1 and championship. (A Rotherham?)
If that's where people want to be then good luck but it's not for me. I've been there through good times (and bad) and I will settle for that.

SISU should do the right thing for the club, the fans, the youngsters, the future and move back.

Users who are viewing this thread