Bet Thorn's sat at home pissing himself... (1 Viewer)

PVA

I hope he's got a beer in hand having a good old chuckle at us.

We would not be bottom of the f***ing league if he was still in charge. FACT.

Poor decision to sack him after three games. Even worse decision to wait almost a month until appointing his successor.

Nick

Administrator
We wouldn't have been so dead and buried last season if he wasn't the manager though? Not saying we wouldn't have come down, but with a good manager we would have been a bit closer.

SkyBlue_Bear83

I agree with this

Not saying he shouldn't haven't been sacked but the whole way it has been done is amateurish, it was either sack him before pre season or give him at least 10 games this season. The time taken to find a new manager has been stupid as well. I could understand if Shaw was doing a satisfactory job it could have bought us a bit of time but to leave him in charge for 4 straight defeats is a joke

The thing is if Thorn was in charge and he had won 1/2 by now and were mid table you know there would be a group of people criticising him for not being top 6, probably the same people who are now saying we have a mid table squad

Sawyer

If Thorn was still in charge how many "get thorn out" threads would there be, being a Cov fan we are never happy with anything that ever happens with our team.

lordsummerisle

Wish he had been given more time this season, then even the most deluded might have finally realised he was shite and wouldn't have to put up with this crap forever more.

He's going to be turned into an amalgamation of JFK, James Dean and Jim Morrison, a talent sadly cut off in his prime.

Unfortunately they had already achieved, and could have achieved more possibly.

Thorn had failed, and his team are continuing that now.

Colonel Mustard

I hope he's got a beer in hand having a good old chuckle at us. We would not be bottom of the f***ing league if he was still in charge. FACT. Poor decision to sack him after three games. Even worse decision to wait almost a month until appointing his successor.

Do you realise that AT was winless in his last nine league games? That his limited L1 record was at a relegation points-per-game pace?

lordsummerisle

This wasn't you earlier today then PVA?

"Last year I wanted Thorn sacked after we lost at Brighton I think it was, can't remember. And I remember saying on here I wanted Robins or O'Driscoll. So he's been in my top 2 for a year :) "

PVA

This wasn't you earlier today then PVA?

"Last year I wanted Thorn sacked after we lost at Brighton I think it was, can't remember. And I remember saying on here I wanted Robins or O'Driscoll. So he's been in my top 2 for a year :) "

Yes that was me.

I wanted him sacked at that point last season. He wasn't, he stayed on and started this season. He should have either been sacked in the summer, OR given at least 10 games this season. To sack him after 3 games is barmy, regardless of whether you rate Thorn or not.

Grendel

Given thorns away record for the last 18 months I would safely say no difference would be made.

His legacy is now unfolded. Clueless unfit players with no cohesion. All his signings (including McDonald) all under suspicion.

I would have thought those who have supported him will be keeping quiete not pretending it's because he has gone we are where we are.

He should have never been given the job.

SkyblueBazza

Poor decision to sack him after three games. Even worse decision to wait almost a month until appointing his successor.

I stayed positive about Thorn to the bitter end, but equally can fully appreciate the reasoning for parting company after 3 games. He showed little sign of delivering what he's promised. And as Mexico88 said...what's all this "FACT" nonsense? We'll never know will we?

city old boy

Its his team you nobhead. Shite manager and looks like an even worst scout

SkyblueBazza

Given thorns away record for the last 18 months I would safely say no difference would be made.

His legacy is now unfolded. Clueless unfit players with no cohesion. All his signings (including McDonald) all under suspicion.

I would have thought those who have supported him will be keeping quiete not pretending it's because he has gone we are where we are.

He should have never been given the job.

I don't think that's fair either! You have to take a chance - sometimes they work out...other times they don't. Look at Chelsea with Mourinho & AVB. Both successful pre-Chelsea. One delivered pretty well the other was a disaster.
With Thorn we took a chance & it didn't work out. Let's just hope the next (maybe more considered) chance pays off.

Glen

Would not be so bad if he left when we are officially relegated last season then new man in over summer

SkyblueBazza

Either way, I doubt very much if he is revelling in our situation with a beer &/or chuckle. He might be having self-consoling thoughts along the lines of "See? I wasn't so bad after-all was I"?

ajsccfc

I bet Thorn's taking no enjoyment out of this at all, as he didn't strike me as a vindictive dickhead during his reign.

Users who are viewing this thread