Best Summer Signing (1 Viewer)

Its been a busy summer. Players have joined, players have left (including my beloved Adam Barton :'( ). I have to admit, i didn't expect that level of success in the transfer window. Our defence looks stronger than ever. Armstrong is prolific when given the service. Vincelot is a rock in the centre, which allows Fleck to push forward and Lameiras has a lot of potential. So for this week;s Cooks Question, i want to know what you think is our best piece of summer business (including new contracts). I'll kick things off by saying Sam Ricketts. A born leader, can nod them in with his head, has formed an almost unbreakable partnership with Reda and can play at full back and defensive midfield. Yes its only a 1 year deal, but what a year it can be. So whats your view? Drop us a reply and dont forget to tune into Sports Lounge on 98.6 Hillz FM every Thursday from 10am. You can also listen via www.hillzfm.co.uk or the Tune In Radio App. This week's show will also be uploaded to www.mixcloud.com/liamcook on Thursday afternoon

BlueElephant

I would say Lameiras. Reason being we've only really scratched the surface with him so far he's got so much to learn yet so much to offer. 20 years old and I'm very excited to watch him grow as a player.

Best of all - he's our player.

Grendel

Murphy will have the biggest impact by the end of the season.

ccfc1234

I would say Lameiras. Reason being we've only really scratched the surface with him so far he's got so much to learn yet so much to offer. 20 years old and I'm very excited to watch him grow as a player.

Best of all - he's our player.

Interesting angle and one on reflection I would concur with. We have signed a lot of talent on loan and as exciting they may make us in the short term, they have their own agenda's.

Ruban is one of us and at 20yo can do things with a ball that Championship players cant. With the right guidance support from the fans and positive attitude he could be another Chippo/Hadji type player for us over the next few seasons.

ccfc1234

I predict form to drop significantly!! Scunthorpe was way off top 6 football. Scunthorpe totally outdid us

I would have to disagree all good teams have an off day we had ours at a time we are trying to gel some young talent. Saturday and even more crucially the Saturday after we will see the metal and creativity of our team minus James M.

If you were a Chelsea fan displaying that logic, I would be posting a helpline to the Samaritans for you.

Gint11

Mowbray, ricketts & vincelot in that order.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gint11

And no Scunthorpe didn't really out do us. Stats don't look good but I don't remember Burge having to do much! Most of their shots were scuffed shit attempts from outside the box that nearly hit me more often than the goal! Stats only tell so much of the game!

Gint11

It had 0-0 written all over it until we made an error and fell to old time poacher Paddy Madden to knock it in.

pw362

Interesting angle and one on reflection I would concur with. We have signed a lot of talent on loan and as exciting they may make us in the short term, they have their own agenda's.

Ruban is one of us and at 20yo can do things with a ball that Championship players cant. With the right guidance support from the fans and positive attitude he could be another Chippo/Hadji type player for us over the next few seasons.
Agree with you. But the cynic in me thinks that with a 2 year contract if he does realise his potential and we missed out on promotion he would be sold next summer

Grendel

Agree with you. But the cynic in me thinks that with a 2 year contract if he does realise his potential and we missed out on promotion he would be sold next summer

So you'd rather he signed for one year and left for free -- brilliant.

Manchester_sky_blue

Mowbray undoubtedly has made the biggest difference but of his signings i think Vincelot stands out for me. Not so much because of what he does but for what he allows others to do. Fleck is a different player alongside him and he gives the forward line the confidence to push up.

Hod dog

Vincelot for me, we needed a warrior in the middle and he is allowing Fleck to play, and as we cans see when fleck has time to play, he dictates games.

Gazolba

Stats only tell so much of the game!

Stats tell you what actually happened as opposed to what you hoped would happen, what you thought happened, or what seemed to happen but really didn't.
I'd rely on stats over eye-witness testimony any day. Just looking on here at people's impressions of a game and player ratings shows that people's individual views of a game vary tremendously.

Otis

Ricketts has been a good signing. Let's not confuse a loss of form at the moment with what came before!

Same for Murphy, who hasn't suddenly become a bad player and is just going through a rough patch of form.

Vincelot has been an inspired signing. Not seen enough of Lorentzson yet, but hopefully he will prove to be a good acquisition too, as will Rose.

Think the only two poor signings I can see are Ramage and Fortune, with the former only being brought in through desperation anyway. Bigi might just be playing in the wrong position.

No doubt our team is better than last season's by a long chalk and TM's recruitments have been positive on the whole.

Ricketts
Murphy
Armstrong
Vincelot

Then the unsures (some down to too soon to tell)

Cole
Lameiras
Lorentzson
Rose
Hunt

Poor

Fortune
Bigi
Ramage

Last edited:

kapowaz

Ramage's neck veins standing out as he screamed at the rest of the team after we went 2-0 down at Southend have etched into my brain. He was utterly useless.

CCFC88

Youre forgetting Ben Turner also, hardly put a foot wrong until the injury.

Resigning Reda also looked very strong until injury.

Brought Aaron Martin in from the wilderness until injury struck again.

Users who are viewing this thread