best live performances......only (1 Viewer)

derbyskyblue

of course it is, love queen and i know that live aid performance will never be beaten. Truly amazing stuff from freddie there, however who else has done great live acts, i thought that effort by pulp wasn't half bad. There must be others......

Ashdown

Went to see the Stone Roses at Demontfort Hall in Leicester back in the Mid/Late 80's, takes some beating !

ajsccfc

[video=youtube_share;j74mxqvxRDQ]http://youtu.be/j74mxqvxRDQ[/video]

You can embed videos in the full reply screen.

bringbackrattles

I know they get slagged off these days but I saw U2 at Milton Keynes Bowl in the 80's when they were just starting out and they were brilliant. And Big Country at a small club in Brum called the Hummingbird were great too.

henry the wasp

Loved going to the hummingbird. Used to go what seemed like every other week. Wouldn't say it was small though. The Ramones was my best gig there. Saw Nirvana there but they weren't my thing so just got pissed at the bar and paid no attention.
Saw Jeff Buckley at Edwards No 8. Hardly anyone there. Great gig. Another good place to see bands.

Marty

[video=youtube_share;MtPyk8_onO8]http://youtu.be/MtPyk8_onO8[/video]

Marty

[video=youtube_share;Ud2NcV1oo-0]http://youtu.be/Ud2NcV1oo-0[/video]

bringbackrattles

Loved going to the hummingbird. Used to go what seemed like every other week. Wouldn't say it was small though. The Ramones was my best gig there. Saw Nirvana there but they weren't my thing so just got pissed at the bar and paid no attention.
Saw Jeff Buckley at Edwards No 8. Hardly anyone there. Great gig. Another good place to see bands.
It seemed smallish compared to big arenas I meant.I went there three times twice to see Big Country and once to see the Mission who were good as well.You saw the Ramones,Nirvana,and Jeff Buckley,I'm envious as all three are or were brilliant. I reckon watching bands in places like Hummingbird and the General Wolf were so much better than say the N.E.C. any day !

henry the wasp

For some odd reason I have never set foot in the general Wolf.
Loved the smaller venues, Bath Moles club was a favourite aswell. Also think the assembly rooms in Leamington is a cracking venue. Saw I AM Kloot play a brilliant gig there.
Maybe wrong but I think The Ramones and Nirvana was in the same week.

bringbackrattles

For some odd reason I have never set foot in the general Wolf.
Loved the smaller venues, Bath Moles club was a favourite aswell. Also think the assembly rooms in Leamington is a cracking venue. Saw I AM Kloot play a brilliant gig there.
Maybe wrong but I think The Ramones and Nirvana was in the same week.
The Wolf is now a shop and has been for a few years.Had some great nights in there though used to go with my ex missus on New Years Eve to watch D.R.N. aka Dumpy's Rusty Nuts a great mad rock band. And the D.T'S too one New Year was one crazy night. why are all the great venues closed or knocked down ? Pisses me off !

wingy

All we're missing now In this City with a Huge Student population Is a venue such as this ,maybe The Kazbah could be rejuvenated .

I know the higgs are now looking to involve themselves In some form In the City centre .

Sky_Blue_Daz

Springsteen at the ricoh was pretty special
Also an irish group called the sawdoctors were always good live

Users who are viewing this thread