Best City XI of all-time (Right-back) (1 Viewer)

skybluelee

Ladies and Gents

Same rules as before. Player and the decade you started to follow the club. Voting closes at 12pm Monday.

My vote - Nilsson
Decade - 80s

Honourable mention for Bugsy who gave distinguished service for over a decade, but for me Nilsson was nothing short of the perfect full-back in every game he pulled on a sky blue shirt.

Cheers

CJ_covblaze

Only one response. Roland all day long. 1990s.

Otis

Only one response. Roland all day long. 1990s.

Yep, Nilsson. Right back has been a problem for us over many, many years, if not decades and we've not been blessed with that many top quality right backs. Been much more joy with the left back position (Cattlin, McDonald, Pearce etc.)

Nilsson.

Still the 60's.

stupot07

Nilsson

90's

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

rupert_bear

Only one contender Roland Nilsson 90s. Brian Borrows and but for injury maybe Graham Oakey up there but Roland is possibly our one true world class player.

Monners

Have to go for Nilsson (soft spot for Bugsy though - does he still go to Cov games by the way?)

Oh yeah, still the 70's

Bugsy

Thanks guys lol PUSB

Bugsy

80's

Cobi Jones's Dreads

Nilsson

90's

rondog1973

Borrows. For 5 years (89-93) the best English right back without question.

Think Danny Thomas would have made 70+ appearances for England too if his career wasn't curtailed by that scumbag Gavin Maguire.

70's.

Last edited:

torchomatic

Nilsson
70s

fernandopartridge

Ladies and Gents

Same rules as before. Player and the decade you started to follow the club. Voting closes at 12pm Monday.

My vote - Nilsson
Decade - 80s

Honourable mention for Bugsy who gave distinguished service for over a decade, but for me Nilsson was nothing short of the perfect full-back in every game he pulled on a sky blue shirt.

Cheers

Borrows for consistency over a prolonged period.

Speedies_Chips

Have to go for Nilsson (soft spot for Bugsy though - does he still go to Cov games by the way?)

Oh yeah, still the 70's

Many years ago I used to see a chap at away games and at first I did think it was Bugsy. But one time I saw him close up and realised it wasn't him. I think he was too small to be Bugsy. Are you thinking of the same person I wonder.

Oh , and I vote for Nilsson too.

Although I do remember his mistake in the FA Cup QF replay at Bramall Lane , when under no pressure the ball slipped under his foot resulting in a corner to them. That was in the last minute and they equalised from it. The rest is painful history.
I was convinced we were going to win the Cup that year.

Monners

Many years ago I used to see a chap at away games and at first I did think it was Bugsy. But one time I saw him close up and realised it wasn't him. I think he was too small to be Bugsy. Are you thinking of the same person I wonder.

Oh , and I vote for Nilsson too.

Although I do remember his mistake in the FA Cup QF replay at Bramall Lane , when under no pressure the ball slipped under his foot resulting in a corner to them. That was in the last minute and they equalised from it. The rest is painful history.
I was convinced we were going to win the Cup that year.

Could be right with Bugsy, although I thought he had a season ticket at one time. I saw some lad years ago who looked like him (at Brighton away in the FA Cup), with all his mates calling him Bugsy - anyway.

lifeskyblue

Nilsson probably the best although bugsy was top notch too. But for me I always think of Mick Coop fondly. He was a fav of the 60s and 70s

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

SkyBlueM

I will go for Nilsson but we did get him at the end of his career. I did consider one of our own - Danny Thomas.
70's

ajsccfc

Nilsson
80s

I'd argue Borrows was possibly a better player for the club in terms of service, but nobody can really touch Nilsson as a player. Honorable mention - Isaac Osbourne

Adge

Tough one between Borrows and Nilsson, but Nilsson just edges it-pure quality! Dark horse-Andrew Whing.:D
Decade-80's.

Sky Blue Harry H

Graham Oakey, Graham Oakey la la la la la :D (a career cut far too short)

(followed by Bugsy, Danny Thomas & Rolan Neilsson - any order you like!)

Irish Sky Blue

Graham Oakey for me too. He would have gone on to be a great player for us but for injury. Loved watching him beat player after player in mazy runs down the wing. Most attacking and exciting right back I have seen. Brian Borrows in second place.
60s

Skybluemac

Nilsson
60's
Tough one. Buggsy was a great bloke as well as a great full back. A very humble and genuine guy, if you had the pleasure to know him, which I did. Another of the SkyBlue 'boot room' that the club should have made better use of.

Users who are viewing this thread