Best Away Trip This Season (1 Viewer)

smileycov

Facebook User
what do people think was the best away trip this season, not just result but boozer's, away fans (the craick!) and obviously atmosphere in our end!!

i always love selhurst park, so don't wanna see them go!! Pompey was excellent to be fair.

SkyBluesAndy

Facebook User
For football related reaons my favourite away trips were Barnsley, Leicester and Pompey away.

Barnsley good points:
Relaxed policing / stewarding in the ground
Trips to Oakwell always seem to being us a good result
From taking the lead early on the City fans were well up for it bouncing around and singing most of the game, so good atmosphere on our behalf but the Barnsley fans didn't give much banter back... Great way to start the season after all of the negativity beforehand...

Leicester good points:
Seeing as we've never taken anything away from the crisp bowl, at 2-0 down at half time everyone had written us off but what a comeback.
Good atmosphere - having the away stand close to the home fans was great - especially as you could see the Leicester fan's faces when we got our 2nd goal in! I think the Ricoh would benefit to a similar system for home and away fans but I can't see it happening...
Great to get something away to our local rivals ;)

Pompey good points:
The magic of the FA Cup 3rd round took a good 3,000 odd City fans far away down south, everyone in hope that we could turn over another Prem team this year and with David Bell's cracking goal to take us 1-0 up the atmosphere was great. They need to sort out their facilities in the ground though!!!

For reasons beyond football my favourite away trips were Blackpool and Plymouth..

Although Blackpool is a bit of a dump, we had a good drink before the game followed by a pretty decent night out afterwards (good job cos the football was fucking shocking!) and then went to the theme park on Sunday up there which was good fun.

Plymouth turned into a bit of a tradition which has now been cut short as my mate who is also a Cov fan goes to Plymouth Uni so I started going down there for a few days whenever we play them and I've had some pretty good nights out down there... but we won't be going there next season now unless we get them in the cup.. I'll probably head down that way when we play Bristol away next season now.. The result of this game was a good 1-0 and not many people made the trip down (roughly 400), there were about 15 people (me included) who sang most of the game and it was the week before Xmas so it was freezing! But that's what supporting a Championship side is all about, travelling to the end of the earth and singing in the freezing cold, and I wouldn't swap it for watching Man U on the tele in my dressing gown and slippers complete with a cuppa tea anyday.

SuperFred

Peterborough away because we took over 3000 and the atmosphere was fantastic, it was also when everyone believed we could get in the play offs and we were all buzzing!

Watford away as it was a great game (from what i can remember ;)) with two late goals and a good atmosphere from the cov fans, went absolutely potty when we scored the winner :D

Sky Blue Luke

For the game - Watford.

For the experience - Newcastle.

CovInEssex

I was going to go by train Daniel. Didn't it go to London or something? 3 hours? I wasn't having any of it.

Users who are viewing this thread