best 16 (1 Viewer)

Real

He was an above average player for the club and a great servant.

He was an awful player, unless centre halfs who can't head a ball is your thing, or panic when the ball is at his feet. How this clown is so rated by City fans is beyond me, one of the worst to ever wear the shirt in any position.

Dbell10

Ogrizovic

Nilsson
Konjic
Breen
Hall

Hadji
Mcalister
Safri
Froggat

Dublin
Keane

Subs-Hedman, Wise, Mcsheffrey, Shaw, Zuniga, David Bell.

superskyblue

He was an awful player, unless centre halfs who can't head a ball is your thing, or panic when the ball is at his feet. How this clown is so rated by City fans is beyond me, one of the worst to ever wear the shirt in any position.

Think you must be some sort of joke, or just never watched the bloke play.

Read the game better than any centre half I've seen at City. Won more than his fair share in the air given he wasn't the biggest. Also had lots of pace in his younger years and was renowned as a superb man marker. Other than that he was a bag of shite! :)

'One of the worst to ever wear the shirt in any position'?

That is surely just an overstated reaction against the respect he generally receives in the light of the fact you didn't rate him. We have had some hugely toss players in the time that I have been watching City! Steve Morgan was on the pitch as one of the 'legends' the other week, for fuck's sake! Richard Shaw was a good servant to the Club. He wasn't the greatest defender we have had and definitely not one of the best all round players, but I would say he was capable of better performances than the likes of Marcus Hall. Neither are held in esteem because they are world beaters, but because they played for us for a long time.

* And, as stated above, he was a very competent man marker *

ccfc2011

Westwood
Nilsson
Dann
Ward
Fox
Thompson
McAllister
Hadji
Mcsheffrey
Keane