Bernado Silva "Racist" (1 Viewer)

Alkhen

For me I'd say he's not racist just a fucking idiot.

You would have thought the Man City media team would have drummed it into their players not to go there

SBAndy

For me I'd say he's not racist just a fucking idiot.

You would have thought the Man City media team would have drummed it into their players not to go there

I’d side with this. Whilst probably not being intentionally racist (and it seemed to be received well by Mendy) why on earth would you put it in the public domain? Madness.

CanadianCCFC

Mendy responded positively to it, but the problem is he has millions of other followers who don’t know him personally who might disagree.

ccfc92

Please tell me you're just playing devil's advocate

No, genuinely curious.

As mentioned above, if a white person said the same as Raheem's tweet to two black or two Asian players, would it be considered a joke?

I personally suspect not, just curious to hear other's thoughts on it.

ajsccfc

If they were lookalikes rather than just both being the same ethnicity it would be an obvious joke, I don't think anyone in their right mind could see Sterling's tweet as white people all looking the same or anything.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

No, genuinely curious.

As mentioned above, if a white person said the same as Raheem's tweet to two black or two Asian players, would it be considered a joke?

I personally suspect not, just curious to hear other's thoughts on it.

I thought it was an interesting thought. Just because two people of a different ethnicity genuinely look alike doesn't make it racist to highlight that point. We've pointed out in the past how alike Westbrooke and Bayliss looked. If one of the posters on here who's black joins in does it become racist? No, it doesn't.

My neighbour has two kids and I'm still not sure which is which and they don't even look remotely alike. As they're the same ethnicity as me it isn't racist, but if they were would I be accused of it? We see from time to time people using the wrong picture for a celebrity and it being an assumption of racism. If the person finding the picture is unfamiliar with said person it can happen and is a genuine case of mistaken identity. Loads of occasions where white people have been misidentified as well.

ccfc92

I thought it was an interesting thought. Just because two people of a different ethnicity genuinely look alike doesn't make it racist to highlight that point. We've pointed out in the past how alike Westbrooke and Bayliss looked. If one of the posters on here who's black joins in does it become racist? No, it doesn't.

My neighbour has two kids and I'm still not sure which is which and they don't even look remotely alike. As they're the same ethnicity as me it isn't racist, but if they were would I be accused of it? We see from time to time people using the wrong picture for a celebrity and it being an assumption of racism. If the person finding the picture is unfamiliar with said person it can happen and is a genuine case of mistaken identity. Loads of occasions where white people have been misidentified as well.

Some good points put forward there Dreamer. I thought of this, when you said the part I've highlighted :

Magazine publishes wrong image of black model

tisza

If B Silva was Mendy's black friend is it just considered humourous and no-one cares?
When people/outsiders start "regulating" personal friendships then everything's gone too far.

NorthernWisdom

If B Silva was Mendy's black friend is it just considered humourous and no-one cares?
When people/outsiders start "regulating" personal friendships then everything's gone too far.
tbf I'd think the main issue he disseminated it to the world. Private jokes, everybody works out their own boundaries with their friends (or they soon become not-friends!) but it's pretty stupid to not be aware of what you're doing when you've got such a massive audience.

Not racist, stupid.

tisza

tbf I'd think the main issue he disseminated it to the world. Private jokes, everybody works out their own boundaries with their friends (or they soon become not-friends!) but it's pretty stupid to not be aware of what you're doing when you've got such a massive audience.

Not racist, stupid.
i'll take that. People can get careless with social media and often "forget" it's a public forum.

tisza

So FA charging Silva. If Mendy turns up and says "he's my mate and I thought it was funny" what do the FA do?

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Does this mean Nick will have to take action against hill83 cos he liked my Milkybar song for Joe Newton :emoji_thinking:

#hateracismlovemilkybars

Nick

Administrator
Madness, how's his punishment more than a whole nation who's fans do it and get games stopped?

tisza

Madness, how's his punishment more than a whole nation who's fans do it and get games stopped?
Because UEFA don't give a sh*t. Don't have to answer to the press etc. Incidents in Italian football seem to happen on a weekly basis.

Evo1883

Why punish him?
Because it's between mates and they clearly have a mutual understanding of each others barriers they should just be pulled up and told to keep it between themselves and keep that kind of behaviour off social media... End of story...why does everybody have to be harshly punished ? Warning are still OK in 2019 aren't they

Users who are viewing this thread