Ben Waine - New Zealand striker turns down Sky Blues offer (1 Viewer)

skylark37

Just noticed this on twitter - I don't know any details other than what's reported on these links.
Seem like legit sources.

Evo1883

His brother John has a better shot on him

giphy.gif

Bugsy

Tommo1993

To be fair, I dont think the A-League is an AWFUL AWFUL standard. Its certainly bad, but I remember Celtic signed Tom Rogic from there and he had a pretty decent career with them.

I suppose Millwall took Tim Cahill from Australia

rob9872

Tbf simple humour is often the best imo

Philosorapter

Something I have been pondering lately with leagues. Is there anything out there that can weigh the playing strengths of different leagues?

Not the leagues themselves but put the leagues in order in strength of competition.

Genuine question.

Evo1883

Something I have been pondering lately with leagues. Is there anything out there that can weigh the playing strengths of different leagues?

Not the leagues themselves but put the leagues in order in strength of competition.

Genuine question.

I saw an article once that measured a leagues competitiveness by comparing the results of the bottom 6 teams v the top 6 teams , how many points they'd taken off them .

The Premier league faired pretty badly in that respect

Silsden

Genuine question.
Doubt this is the statistical answer you’re looking for, but Football Manager has a system for ranking leagues based on reputation 😀

Tomh111

Genuine question.

It exists but generally behind paywalls.

A chunk of Brentfords success in replacing players is that their owner is/was a professional gambler and pioneered expected goals and advanced statistics.

They have a European league table that ranks clubs, so they can highlight teams overperforming against their position and identify undervalued transfer targets.

The Penguin

Kid has talent, so I am mildly disappointed he said no, but I reckon he knows he would be swapping regular first team football (albeit in a weaker league) for sitting in an under-23 setup, so I don’t blame him.

I also think we’re better off signing players who can make an impact immediately, not potentially 2-3 years from now.

Users who are viewing this thread