Begovic goal reminds me of Oggy's goal at Hillsborough (1 Viewer)

blend

Anyone else see Oggy's goal when he scored for us. It was similar windy weather to today. Only real difference to Begovic's goal was that Oggy's was from his hands and obviously far more glamourous. I remember being in the opposite end to the kop end and watching in dis-belief as Oggy scored. Ended 2-2 I think? Are there any videos of that goal?

You can watch Begovic's goal already in You Tube.

It was snowing and when you say Kop do you mean the spion kop? It was at Sheffield Wednesday not Highfield Road - or is my memory getting even worse?

Grendel

Rusty Trombone

Thanks for posting Oggy's goal, I've been trying to find that for years. A very muted celebration, he obviously did it all the time in training.

Sba180

It was snowing and when you say Kop do you mean the spion kop? It was at Sheffield Wednesday not Highfield Road - or is my memory getting even worse?
i think he means the kop. now, he could mean HR, Anfield or South Africa, but as he was there and remembers the score then im inclined to think he means Hillsborough.....where the city fans were penned a year later v Leeds

Rusty Trombone

you should be thanking me,I'm the one who put it on youtube.:)
got the whole match on dvd,oggy had more shots on target then any one else.

Thanks to you for posting it on youtube, thanks to the person who posted the link here, and thanks to Tim Berners Lee for the whole web thing.

torchomatic

Yes, I was there when Oggy scored.

Rusty Trombone

Without Oggy I dread to think where we'd be, we'd certainly never have survived as a top division side as long as we did.

He probably wonders why he bothered now.

Last edited:

blend

Thanks for posting the link, didn't know it was on video. I meant opposite the large kop at Hillsborough. The one that was invaded the following year by 20, 000 bouncing sky blues fans on our way to Wembley.

Users who are viewing this thread