bbc (1 Viewer)

hill83

alan-partridge-shrug-o1.gif

"Don't listen to them little Johnny, the real sky blues are some no mark shite that were in the premier league 14 years ago."

Otis

Manchester City have had a sky blue kit ever since 1890 and the Sky Blues has always been one of their nicknames.

Why so angry?

Hobo

Manchester City have had a sky blue kit ever since 1890 and the Sky Blues has always been one of their nicknames.

Why so angry?

Wait till he starts on Napoli and Malmo!

hill83

And they are also the sky blues, same as there are about 9 teams called the blues. Get over it.

Sky Blue Harry H

they are the citizens

If they've 'nicked' Sky Blues (stick with me Otis, I know they are entitled), but couldn't we nick one of their Saudi sponsors 'Sheikh Yahwallet' or some such to finance us next season - or at least lend us YaYa every other week (if he can break into our centre midfield)?

Block19

It was just nice to see a trophy with sky blue ribbons on and for a second just dream. Then back to reality no billionaires own us, just a bunch of clowns

ajsccfc

A team with the same colours as us being referred to with a generic label referencing their colours? WHAT AM I PAYING MY TV LICENCE FOR GET MY GUN AND PITCHFORK

Colin1883

Our owners have all but stripped us of our identity... Now the beeb are chipping away at what's left of it and the fans are saying... So what.... No wonder the footballing world don't really give a toss and just pay us lip service...

ajsccfc

They're saying 'so what' in this case because it's not a BBC conspiracy, or even worthy of the slightest annoyance.

Otis

Tis so.

Coventry City sky blue kits ;

then

then

then

1906-1907

then

1910-1922

then not again until

Manchester City Sky Blue kits;

then

1894 all the way through to 2014.

They have been the Sky Blues for a lot longer than us. Yes, the are the Citizens as well, but a club is allowed to have more than one nickname I think you will find. They are the Citizens AND the Sky Blues.

'Manchester City is often referred to as Man City purely out of convenience as a shorter name. The club are perhaps the most known club with the title of City in their name, hence why the club are often just referred to as City. Other nicknames include The Blues, The Sky Blues, and The Citizens, which is more often used outside England.'

Last edited:

Otis

I don't know why we are even having this argument to be honest.

Manchester City have been playing exclusively in sky blue for well over 100 years.

No idea why people are getting so het up over it.

Astute

I don't know why we are even having this argument to be honest.

Manchester City have been playing exclusively in sky blue for well over 100 years.

No idea why people are getting so het up over it.

Maybe because we have lost just about all of our identity and now the English champions are about to take the last of it
Wow1.gif

Otis

Maybe because we have lost just about all of our identity and now the English champions are about to take the last of it
Wow1.gif

But it's their identity too.

If they had simply stolen our nickname then I think we'd have a genuine grievance, but they have been playing in sky blue and exclusively sky blue for welll over a hundred years.

sky_blue_up_north

10457818473_4f5e160c86_b.jpg

From a recent trip to Oz... Sydney are called the 'Sky Blues'

Jordanccfc

Wonder if the Crawley forum has a thread bemoaning the fact that Manchester United also use the nickname "The Red Devils" those pesky northern swines

torchomatic

Not only (with the help of SISU) are they being called Sky Blues they also have the cheek to have City in their name. I'm writing to my MP and the FL. I'm sure there are some "Outrage Templates" on here somewhere.

James Smith

Not only (with the help of SISU) are they being called Sky Blues they also have the cheek to have City in their name. I'm writing to my MP and the FL. I'm sure there are some "Outrage Templates" on here somewhere.

Are you from Tunbridge Wells? :D

Users who are viewing this thread