BBC Coventry and Warwickshire will it's name and presenters role. (1 Viewer)

Cov City Daytrader 87

BBC Coventry and Warwickshire will revert back to the name they've started when first come on air.

It's become BBC CWR.

Mind you it's a lot easier to say BBC CWR than the current name.

Also, both Phil Upton and Trish Adudu will shifts. With Phil doing breakfast and Trish doing Dirve.

BBC Coventry & Warwickshire to revert to CWR name

Grendel

Phil Upton is by a country mile the best presenter at that station

rob9872

Hope you're right as I like Trish in the morning. Not exactly high brow stuff, but seems really nice and easy listening. I only put it on for the traffic really but always appears genuine.

OffenhamSkyBlue

BBC Coventry and Warwickshire will revert back to the name they've started when first come on air.

It's become BBC CWR.

Mind you it's a lot easier to say BBC CWR than the current name.

Also, both Phil Upton and Trish Adudu will shifts. With Phil doing breakfast and Trish doing Dirve.

BBC Coventry & Warwickshire to revert to CWR name
Thank fuck for that - i'm opposite to Rob: i can't abide her vacuous nonsense on my drive to work. Might start tuning in again in the mornings now.
Shame they had to go through the "experiment" of having her and the air-head Jo Tidman (she didn't last long without a script, did she?) replacing the investigative journalist Shane O'Connor (too male and white for Lord Hall - now thankfully on his way out!).

chiefdave

replacing the investigative journalist Shane O'Connor (too male and white for Lord Hall - now thankfully on his way out!).
Get the impression from posts he made on twitter after his very sudden disappearance that he'd been too critical of certain organisations in the city. He literally disappeared off air overnight.

OffenhamSkyBlue

Thank fuck for that - i'm opposite to Rob: i can't abide her vacuous nonsense on my drive to work. Might start tuning in again in the mornings now.
Shame they had to go through the "experiment" of having her and the air-head Jo Tidman (she didn't last long without a script, did she?) replacing the investigative journalist Shane O'Connor (too male and white for Lord Hall - now thankfully on his way out!).
Holy Christ, listened for a few minutes this morning to see if there was any mention of our "open letter" (which there wasn't, of course), and she seems to be morphing into Rustie Fucking Lee! I'd be perfectly happy to see all BBC local radio scrapped if it meant presenters like her being out of the public eye!

shmmeee

Is there like a local version of Any Questions or some thing? I’d be up for that but not the normal “Janet in Tile Hill collects plates” type stuff.

Nick

Administrator
Is there like a local version of Any Questions or some thing? I’d be up for that but not the normal “Janet in Tile Hill collects plates” type stuff.

When I have heard bits it has been comedy gold. It's like the crazy people who ring the CCFC phone in but with no limits to the top.

The one thing I can't stand is that Vic Minnet advert "you bring the calls, I'll bring the tunes". I can just imagine her dabbing while she says it.

ccfctommy

I like Trish Adudu, not a fan of the Alan Partridge type, Phil Upton though. Bad idea switching them around.

Mcbean

I just turned her off after any local local news - always flirting with her size - Shane O Connor was excellent - now its football only

Sky_Blue_Daz

Used to like listening to Malcolm Boyden on a Saturday

Users who are viewing this thread