BBC article: Sky Blues pursuing option of new home within city (1 Viewer)

skybluebeduff

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/footba..._the_day&ns_source=facebook&ns_linkname=sport

"The mistake that's been made in the past is to make people think that it's imminent," he told BBC Coventry & Warwickshire. "That heightened expectations to such a point that was unrealistic. We will not make the mistake of announcing things that are not ready to be announced."

No sh** sherlock!

"Can I reassure the supporters of what's going to happen? No, I don't know. I just got into the job. But I can tell you what I intend to do.
"What I intend to do is for this football club to play games in Coventry, for this football club to have a stable home.
"For the club to be able to do that, it needs to be able to benefit from its own success. We need to have a home we can use in a way to help the club. We need to be able to participate in our own success.
"If Wasps come to me and say 'Stay here for 10 years rent free, give us all the receipts', I'm totally open to that. It's unlikely they'll do that. I'm joking. But there are a lot of shared interests. There are operational issues to be discussed. We'll have a nice social call on Thursday where I'll get to know some of the people and talk about the situation.
"Of course I'm not ruling it out, that would be silly. I look forward to getting to know them. They are our partners in this. We're playing in a venue owned by them and I want to have a really good relationship with them."

Never a good time to joke about our future Chris.
I just want to cry. :facepalm:

skybluebeduff

22 pages of it..... most of it drivel.

If only people had the time like you have nick to read 22 pages to find a link...

Last edited:

Houdi

I believe the story has been updated today re a new stadium actually being in Coventry itself with the club actually asking for help from Coventry Council which is a huge volte face if true. The link to the story is via Les Reid on twitter, and will I suppose be in this weeks Coventry Observer,which I believe he now writes for.
It suggests that the Football League have actually viewed the suggested site in Coventry, the proof of the pudding will be inthe eating I suppose.

Last edited:

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
This is the Coventry Observer article

http://coventryobserver.co.uk/news/...-in-coventry-and-call-for-council-help-11209/

as an aside to that not sure of the CCC planning regs for parking but the Birmingham Council suggest a 12000 seater stadium would require provision of 400 spaces plus parking for coaches. I assume Coventry would be similar. If then it has to increase to a 20000 stadium that's over 660 spaces required. That seems to be on top of existing parking in the area. To cover the stadium, its possible expansion, car/coach parking, new infra structure that's a pretty big site and a lot of expense. Put it in the City centre as some suggested and the purchase of the site alone could be in the 10's of millions

I wonder if CCC feel inclined to give that much assistance or whether there are closed minds especially because of the court case?

lifeskyblue

Well I will believe only when I'm sat in my seat and we have kicked off. Until then I will park it with all the other Unfulfilled promises, the stretching of the truth and false dawns we have been subjected to over the years

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

torchomatic

Oh, I hope Wasps <sarcasm> don't struggle and go under due to those debt and interest payments, I would be devastated </sarcasm>.

skybluetony176

I suspect that CA not being a local he probably doesn't understand the difference yet between "in Coventry" and "in the Coventry area".

Which is understandable.

Last edited:

torchomatic

To be honest, I would expect he does.

I suspect that CA not being a local he probably doesn't understand the difference yet between "in Coventry and "in the Coventry area".

Which is understandable.

skyblueinBaku

I suspect that CA not being a local he probably doesn't understand the difference yet between "in Coventry and "in the Coventry area".

Which is understandable.

It's Tim Fisher that doesn't understand the difference.

chiefdave

We've heard a lot of things over the years, even before SISU turned up so I think most will want a bit more evidence before getting too excited.

That said if at some point the FL say yes we have seen the site and it is in the city what the reaction will be. Equally if the club approach the council to assist with the project what sort of response will they get.

The thing that gives me a slight glimmer of hope is I can't see why this chap would get involved with SISU and become their latest fall guy. That would mean either what he's telling us it true or he has been decieved.

sw88

Chief Commentator!
Im a little concerned that under Waggott, who Anderson has supposedly replaced, we didn't have to hear about the stadium. Anything that was happening (if anything was actually happening) was being done away from the press. Behind the Scenes. I get he was probably going to het asked questions when he first moved into his post, but do we really need another bod talking about the stadium, just when we thought we could concentrate on the on field stuff? Isnt FIsher still in place to sort the Stadium stuff? Lets concentrate and not get distracted from the on field stuff (which was one of the many mistakes we made in the past)

Samo

Im a little concerned that under Waggott, who Anderson has supposedly replaced, we didn't have to hear about the stadium. Anything that was happening (if anything was actually happening) was being done away from the press. Behind the Scenes. I get he was probably going to het asked questions when he first moved into his post, but do we really need another bod talking about the stadium, just when we thought we could concentrate on the on field stuff? Isnt FIsher still in place to sort the Stadium stuff? Lets concentrate and not get distracted from the on field stuff (which was one of the many mistakes we made in the past)

He knows it will strengthen his position when he sits down with Wasps, so yes.

Grendel

imho one huge problem that CA will come up against is the fact that TF is still here

Why? What's Timmy Fishook going to do? Put a spell on him and turn him into a toad?

Calista

The prospect of a new stadium obviously helps as a negotiating tool with Wasps, but only if it’s credible.

Rugby’s Local Plan deadline is rapidly approaching. Maybe they have asked for a better reason to allocate precious land than to compensate Mr. Fisher’s investors for their commercial/political problems with a neighbouring council.

And now we have this sudden switch to Coventry itself. If a genuine site has been found within the city, especially near the centre, it would be a pleasant surprise. Who wouldn’t want HR2? On the other hand, if it’s a silly proposal, the City Council would be forced to knock it back – which might suit some obscure game plan too.

Seems strange to me that the Football League have been asked to ratify it. They can’t give planning permission, they can only tell CCFC if it’s OK to move from Coventry to Coventry. And it obviously is.

letsallsingtogether

So thousands now don't go to games just because of stuff Tim Fisher has said?
I bet their are a few....
Fook me I know a couple who gave up going because we put Bobby Gould in charge for the second time.
They have never returned as far as I know.
Nothing as weird as folk.

skybluetony176

So what's it got to do with anything? Stop WUMing it is really boring.

It's only a question Nick and as you always say "what's wrong with asking a question?"

You clearly don't want to believe his continued presence is keeping people away so I'm asking how many do you think he's adding to our attendances?

Users who are viewing this thread