BBC 7... tonight (1 Viewer)

Colin1883

Football fight club, follows young firms around the country...

Ooops that should be beeb 3

Last edited:

duffer

Why were they referred to AS The Wireless as they clearly weren't ,full of valves, capacitors ,resistors etc.:confused:

Wireless telegraphy, old chap. Noises through the ether, as opposed to via two chaps at either end of a bit of cable tapping out morse code to each other. But where's the romance, eh.

Anyway, I've knocked me crystal now, and if I don't get the wire in the right spot I'll miss the end of Hancock's Half Hour. :)

Crystal_Radio.jpg

Otis

What a bunch of twats. :jerkit:

That's the noobs in this documentary not you lot posting on here of course.

Glamourized, fantasy nonsense.

Johnnythespider

Just watched it, do they not realise you can go to the match, have a few drinks and a good crack without getting involved in all that bollocks.

Otis

They also seem to think it's all just a bit of fun, you have go and have a 'punch up,'get a few cuts and scratches and then just bounce back again like magic.

They seemed to think it was just meeting up with other rival 'football lads' and it was just between them and them only, yet the images showed fighting in high streets and in residential areas, where lives are disrputed, businesses and families and residents are affected,property destroyed and where it costs taxpayers time and money and wastes police resources, costing millions of pounds every year.

Found the whole thing pathetic and idiotic.

Hoped those days were behind us, but sadly not by all accounts. Maybe the darkest days are. We must never return to the days of old,as it was back in the 1970's where the whole thing got incredibly ridiculous and there was at atmopshere of fear both inside and outside grounds, where families at times just didn't feel safe.

This sort of thing deeply affects everyone and will consistently blot the game of football. Can't see it will ever be completely eradicated. Guess all we can hope for is that it is kept to a minimum and controlled as best as possible.

Last edited:

SkyblueBazza

I see the supposed Widnes RL fans tore up advertising boards, attacked the Castleford mascot & tried to incite the opposition fans this weekend just give too!
Youngsters need a release of all that testosterone, but unless they pay lots for a more 'official' sort of environment...the streets are the obvious choice - against others who often aren't interested in the same thing at all.

Otis

Yep. there was one clip where they seemingly were fighting out of the public gaze near some woodland, but that doesn't appear to be the norm and it is on our streets and town centres where a lot of theese battles seem to manifest themselves.

Otis

The clips like the fight in the wood are from eastern Europe. That was clear by the poor dress sense and 80's haircuts!

Okay. Well to be quite honest, after 25 mins I put it on fast forward and sort of whizzed through that bit, so didn't see it in all its 'full glory.'

bringbackrattles

I watched it too Otis and was ashamed as I used to get involved in it back in the bad old days of the 70's and 80's,it brought it all back again.I even got six months inside for fighting opposition fans,which looking back I deserved it.
But as a father like yourself you have to look at yourself and say I'm a shitty role model to them acting like a moron on a matchday so knocked it on the head. But it looks like it's still about and will never go away.

Users who are viewing this thread