Bayliss on Doyle / Meyler (1 Viewer)

larry_david

This might be an absolutly outrageous comment to make...but I've seen meyler every appearance and to me he looks like he could possibly be done as a player...
As I say, it's outrageous based on limited game time and obvious lack of match sharpness but he looks really leggy and mobility wise similar to Doyle...

Thoughts?

Dimi_Konstantflapalot

This might be an absolutly outrageous comment to make...but I've seen meyler every appearance and to me he looks like he could possibly be done as a player...
As I say, it's outrageous based on limited game time and obvious lack of match sharpness but he looks really leggy and mobility wise similar to Doyle...

Thoughts?

Think you answered your own question pal.

jordan210

Thoughts?

Finished ??
Isn't he 29 ?

He just needs game time. He played 27 matches last season and just 8 this season with all his appearances for Reading in August and 3 matches with us for a grand total of 80 mins.

Clearly it's just match fitness/sharpness he is missing.

Nick

Administrator
Yeah Meyler hasn't played football all season. I think even some of the youngsters would be just as rusty after a couple of appearances.

Evo1883

Meyler is probably finished as a top level footballer , he also cares way too much about computer games , YouTube etc to be fully commited these Days .

That’s frankly very obvious

Dimi_Konstantflapalot

Sort of reminds me of Yakubu-gate. Bring in a ‘name’ and it fails miserably.

Or Henderson. Hunt. Ramage. Proswitch (remember him?).

Christ we’ve had some terrible January windows! It’s no wonder Clubs want it scrapped

What are you on about?! We were undefeated in 5 with Bayliss-Kelly-Bright as a central axis, so Meyler has correctly been on the bench. He’s barely played 90 mins in total for the club. To say he’s failed miserably is a ridiculous statement to make

sw88

Chief Commentator!
What are you on about?! We were undefeated in 5 with Bayliss-Kelly-Bright as a central axis, so Meyler has correctly been on the bench. He’s barely played 90 mins in total for the club. To say he’s failed miserably is a ridiculous statement to make

I’m not saying he has failed; but for Me he hasn’t looked match fit. Not his fault mind as he’s come back from injury and was an outcast at Reading.

January should have been a chance to improve things, not bring in half fit players.

Users who are viewing this thread