Match Thread Barnsley Match Thread (2 Viewers)

cc84cov

To be fair I don't think many on here really think we'll play you off the park (I certainly don't) Suspect there'll only be one goal in it either way. I'm a huge Luke Thomas fan, and if his end product was better I think he'd be a top Championship, even Pl player. Work rate is incredible. Also like Chaplin as he is like an annoying gnat that won't go away, and not a bad finisher. I think the result may come down to whether we mess up knocking around the back or not. Julian Gray to be our (very) secret weapon.
At times Bristol or QPR couldn’t live with us another weeks training extra day rest I’m certain we will call them all ends of problems happy to come back and quote me on this 4.45pm Saturday 😁

Travs

QPR pressed us brilliantly in the 1st half. Perhaps they just couldn't keep up that intensity after half-time.

I think teams will really do their homework on us this year.

Travs

High press for 90 mins is near on impossible when a team like ours moves the ball the way we do.

I really don't want to be negative about friday as it was excellent overall. But we really got away with it in the first half, with some risky passing round the back.

That's the way we play, and that's absolutely fine, but a top team could have been 2 or 3 up by half time. Then they wouldn't need to keep it up for 90mins. QPR weren't quality enough to punish us properly (and i don't believe Barnsley will be either).

Brighton Sky Blue

That's mean. You can't post this on here when we have visitors from Barnsley on the forum, and not explain to them what it means (then I can read your explanation and try to understand it myself!)

All he's doing is treating football teams like chess players by using the same rating system. At the start each result affects the rating more and then they make a bit less difference over time. The amount you gain/lose is then also weighted against the rating of the opponent.

Somerset Sky Blue

Got to admit, this forum is getting a bit more feisty with more supporters of other teams than we have had over the last few seasons.
Not sure Barnsley is being particularly feisty, just saying it won't be easy (I agree with the sentiment, it is nice having posters from other teams like eastender is good) - pleased to have some views from the opposition fans, as long as they aren't idiots....

cc84cov

I really don't want to be negative about friday as it was excellent overall. But we really got away with it in the first half, with some risky passing round the back.

That's the way we play, and that's absolutely fine, but a top team could have been 2 or 3 up by half time. Then they wouldn't need to keep it up for 90mins. QPR weren't quality enough to punish us properly (and i don't believe Barnsley will be either).
We didn’t get away with it mate for all their possession they did nothing a weak penalty give them the lead second half we fully took over only 1 team wanted to win that game Friday

Liquid Gold

Couple of tasty selection headaches for Robins: Rose vs one of the back line, Kelly vs Sheaf, Giles vs McCallum.

I reckon he’ll keep the same team that started against QPR TBF. Look at this bench though 😍

Bilson, McCallum, Rose, Sheaf, Kelly, Baka, Walker

giphy.gif

cc84cov

we’ve done it against, Leeds, Fulham, Brentford, and others this year, you’re in for a surprise on Saturday pal. We’re only shite because we can’t score.
Hopefully it’s a good game of football mate with us coming out on top ( obviously) 😁

Evo1883

We're a good side we just cant score, our strikers main task is to press not score
giphy.gif

Barnsley

We're a good side we just cant score, our strikers main task is to press not score
giphy.gif
giphy.gif

you’ll see what I mean on Saturday. We’ve need a clinical striker who can press we don’t have one. That’s all we are short, if ours develop that side of the game, or we sign one we’ll be a force to be reckoned with.

TomRad85

Couple of tasty selection headaches for Robins: Rose vs one of the back line, Kelly vs Sheaf, Giles vs McCallum.

I reckon he’ll keep the same team that started against QPR TBF. Look at this bench though

Would like him to stick Sheaf or Kelly in for Shipley. Not even a dig at Shippers as I'd like to see him get some sub time later in the game in Allens position.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Evo1883

you’ll see what I mean on Saturday. We’ve need a clinical striker who can press we don’t have one. That’s all we are short, if ours develop that side of the game, or we sign one we’ll be a force to be reckoned with.
Fair enough

Brighton Sky Blue

Then we should be in for a good game.

Liquid Gold

Where you going to find a spare £10m to buy one of them?

Travs

We didn’t get away with it mate for all their possession they did nothing a weak penalty give them the lead second half we fully took over only 1 team wanted to win that game Friday

I mean that we got away with some (at times) risky passing around the back line. A handful of times the ball was very nearly pinched right on our 18 yard box. This may have been punished by a more clinical team than QPR. I accept this is our style now and if/when it costs us a couple of goals we have to live with it.

I fully agree that it was a deserved win overall, the 2nd half performance was superb.

My only point being that we were perhaps a tiny bit fortunate to go in level, and against a Brentford/Watford/Norwich, we may have been two or three down and out-of-sight by half time.

cc84cov

I mean that we got away with some (at times) risky passing around the back line. A handful of times the ball was very nearly pinched right on our 18 yard box. This may have been punished by a more clinical team than QPR. I accept this is our style now and if/when it costs us a couple of goals we have to live with it.

I fully agree that it was a deserved win overall, the 2nd half performance was superb.

My only point being that we were perhaps a tiny bit fortunate to go in level, and against a Brentford/Watford/Norwich, we may have been two or three down and out-of-sight by half time.
We done it all last season it’s how we play

Barnsley

What are your weaknesses? You're making it sounds like a team that would have been relegated without a massive slice of luck and have signed 3 players are 2012 Barcelona.

Scoring goals.
As I’ve said last season, we had the 2nd best pressing stats in the league behind Leeds, and only just behind them, which is good in itself, but when you think we only got our head coach in October it’s even better. Add to that the fact we finished 5th in the XG table, it highlights we create lots of chances. We were prone to silly mistakes at the back, but we’ve gotten much better in that area overall the last 10/15 games or so, our massive weakness is our inability to put our chances away.

fatso

I reckon he’ll keep the same team that started against QPR TBF. Look at this bench though 😍

Great bench that, but personally I'd like to see Baparga (when fit) instead of Baka as he gives us a different option. Baka and Walker are too similar, and having both on the bench limits our options a little. Imho, but I'm probably over thinking things though 😉

Users who are viewing this thread