BARNSLEY v CCFC - Summats Gotta Give ??? (1 Viewer)

Barnsley have not drawn a game since 27/09/11 - that's a run of 24 games

CCFC have not drawn a game since 22/11/11 - that's a run of 15 games

Summats gotta give - Banker DRAW ???

PUSB

mark82

Barnsley not won at Coventry since 1923. To be honest I'm confident we can win on Saturday. Our home form has been reasonable recently and I always fancy our chances against Barnsley.

Plus I live near Barnsley and won't be able to show my face if we lose.

PUSB

Otis

I'm not so convinced we'll win.

We invariably fail miserably when everyone is expecting us to win. Also don't think it helps that we have to win.

Be tremendous pressure on the team, especially in view of the fact that the following week we are away to Leshtur and have a terrible record there and have been beaten in our last 9 away games too.

We should win. And those are odds that don't usually sit comfortably with the City.

ccfcway

continuing the trend for NOT drawing is the only way we can get out of this

win all 7 remaining home games and lose all 7 away brings in 21 points

Leaving us with 46

Simplistic i know, not going to happen, i know

but draws are no good !

continuing the trend for NOT drawing is the only way we can get out of this

win all 7 remaining home games and lose all 7 away brings in 21 points

Leaving us with 46

Simplistic i know, not going to happen, i know

but draws are no good !

Spot on.

That is why we have to go balls out for that extra goal and chase the win to secure 3 points and not sit back to preserve a 0-0 or 1-1 etc for 1 point - risky but essential.

That is the incentive generated by the policy of 3 points for a win introduced believe it or not 30 years ago in season 81/82.

PUSB

Otis

Don't think it will do any good setting out for a draw at Leshtur either.

Time to go for the throat. If we get beat, we get beat. At the moment we are trying to keep things tight and sneak something and we are still getting beat.

Covstu

Draw is not an option if we realisitically stabd a chance, they are a decent side at the moment but form has dropped slightly so i think we could be in with a shout.

Users who are viewing this thread