Barnsley - Home fans view (1 Viewer)

Gint11

Though it seemed to me that Coventry tended to lump it up front quite often, albeit with a certain purpose.

We were more cynical than them tbh.

Though it seemed to me that Coventry tended to lump it up front quite often, albeit with a certain purpose.

Thought Coventry came with a good attitude, and they will no doubt think they deserved a point, However, a couple of things went their way today which played a major part of that, our wayward finishing being one of those things.

Honestly thought we played some superb football at times but our lack of composure cost us especially for that 20 minutes after half time when we had them under the cosh. Hopefully Coventry play like that against Sunderland in a couple of weeks time.

The defence as a whole has to take the blame imo . Switched off completely for the free kick as soon as ref gave it one of our players should have made sure they couldn’t take it from where he did instead of complaining to ref and also someone should have been over that side straight away .
You can say they’re naive young lads and all that but they’ve had a season to wise up at least a little bit to stop that first goal imo.
Second goal completely unmarked every opposition player had time on the ballin our last third leading up to the goal .
Chance upon chance wasted but we should still have won that game scoring two goals.
I hope we’re not a team of bottlers it remains to be seen but 7 games to go we shouldn’t be panicking we should be making teams fear us like Luton are , teams are not afraid to have a go st us in case they lose heavily like they are against Luton that needs to change he.
All in all yes we missed a load of chances but my biggest complaint is losing the ball time after time in crucial areas and teams are trying to pick us off Walsall almost did it last week Coventry did us and I think teams game plans have been geared to us Losing the ball and them picking us off , thankfully it’s gone against most teams this season and we’ve put them to bed but at the buisness end Of our season we’re struggling.

actually enjoyed the game though today, it was end to end and either team could have won. Thought Mowatt was excellent in the first half, but was equally as poor in the 2nd. Mcgheean seemed off it. I thought Thiam did well first half and ok second actually too.

We really ought to have taken advantage of our dominance immediately after we scored both goals, but not going more than 1 goal up has cost us. The shooting from our midfield was abysma

He was targeted all game. Robins did his homework on us that's for sure. Coventry tried getting the ball down their right any chance they got.

slyblue57

Thought it was fairly even but we needed to win today, we did nt.
Your shooting was really poor thank goodness. Terrible defending for your first goal.
I wish we would have a shot from outside the box now and again.
We will do you a favour by taking points of Portsmouth and Sunderland.
Pusb

Garryb80

Chatted to several fans on the way out and they are among the nicest set of opposition fans ive spoken to at a game. Seems we share a dislike of Sunderland too so all is good.

Users who are viewing this thread