Barnsley fans reaction (1 Viewer)

Gint11

I like to read up on opposing fans forums before and after playing them so I would like to share with you what I found.

Pre game:

1. Barnsley fans worried about playing us as their record against us is poor - apparently not beaten us away from Oakwell since 1929. Also they seem to think we will be challenging promotion.
2. On the flip side of point 1, they thought they would hold an advantage of having good away support against an empty stadium with a poor attendance of homes fans ( They do understand the situation)

Post Game

1. They all agree that for the first 25 mins we were all over them, overan the midfield, were quick and could have been out of site. 2nd half they were better, had more goalmouth opportunities but admit the last 10 they were hanging on and were lucky.
2. The Young ginger out wide (Haynes) was decent, had the ball alot and whipped in about 10 crosses (only 1 or 2 were good)
3. Thought we were unlucky to concede a goal 3 minutes into stoppage time as the board went up 2 (although apparently when they board goes up say 2 mins, it means minimum 2 mins not precisely)
4. Thought Reda Johnson was the best player, him and Webster a constant threat at set pieces
5. All thought a draw was a fair result and are happy with that due to point 1.

My own thought, How the fuck did Reda miss that header at the end. Should of scored it.

bringbackrattles

Listened to it on the radio and from what I heard the City had more of the play and better scoring chances.
Defensive error got them level and Lita doesn't miss tap ins like that. But promising signs I reckon just wish they would keep things tighter at the back.

Gint11

By the sounds of it Jackson had a couple of chances as well which bodes well because he isn't match fit yet.

torchomatic

McQuoid played well last night and his goal was pretty good. Haynes had another good game. Jackson did OK when he came on but didn't really have too many chances to impress, though he looked pretty lively. Shame about the ref and those extra minutes that allowed Barnsley to score, though to be fair the defence shouldn't have given them the chance to put the ball in the net.

Home fans were quite vocal last night and I heard the "we wanna go home" song a few times.

LB87ccfc

I like to read up on opposing fans forums before and after playing them so I would like to share with you what I found.

Pre game:

1. Barnsley fans worried about playing us as their record against us is poor - apparently not beaten us away from Oakwell since 1929. Also they seem to think we will be challenging promotion.
2. On the flip side of point 1, they thought they would hold an advantage of having good away support against an empty stadium with a poor attendance of homes fans ( They do understand the situation)

Post Game

1. They all agree that for the first 25 mins we were all over them, overan the midfield, were quick and could have been out of site. 2nd half they were better, had more goalmouth opportunities but admit the last 10 they were hanging on and were lucky.
2. The Young ginger out wide (Haynes) was decent, had the ball alot and whipped in about 10 crosses (only 1 or 2 were good)
3. Thought we were unlucky to concede a goal 3 minutes into stoppage time as the board went up 2 (although apparently when they board goes up say 2 mins, it means minimum 2 mins not precisely)
4. Thought Reda Johnson was the best player, him and Webster a constant threat at set pieces
5. All thought a draw was a fair result and are happy with that due to point 1.

My own thought, How the fuck did Reda miss that header at the end. Should of scored it.

Reda - I heard it hit him on the side of the head and not the forehead... if forehead it breaks the net.

SkyBlueBoonie

My boss is a barnsley fan and he went to go see the game and he said our weakest player was alsop and our strongest player was Haynes. But I only listened to the game so I can't say much about alsop.

covcity4life

allsop should have done better with the goal, i think he misjudged the pace on it, was very slow. defence in front of him poor too. i wouldnt drop him personally.

stupot07

allsop should have done better with the goal, i think he misjudged the pace on it, was very slow. defence in front of him poor too. i wouldnt drop him personally.

Their player in front of him (the black lad, sorry don't know his name) deflected it from about 1 yard away. Should have done better though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

ricohman

I was getting txt alerts last night and we could of been 5 up in the 1st half, 2 or 3 cleared off the line, keeper also made a top corner save and we hit the bar also, all this in the 1st half

WhiteyBFC

Obviously, I decided against making the trip to Northampton, but listened to commentary and we sounded lucky not to be three or four goals down after 20, 25 minutes. Defence all over the shop. But I think we seemed to get a grip of things towards half time, although I consider us fortunate to have gone in level. Second half sounded a much more even affair, but again, I'd suggest you had the better chances to have claimed all three points.

I said I'd take a point before the match, and so all things considered I see it as a very pleasing result.

Good luck for the rest of the season, I hope you bring plenty to Oakwell for the return and that we're both in the mix come the end of the season. Third tier isn't where either of us belong, based on history, achievements or fanbase. We were beating each other in the Premier League not too long ago.

Keep on fighting the good fight.

Andy.

Porkchophill

Obviously, I decided against making the trip to Northampton, but listened to commentary and we sounded lucky not to be three or four goals down after 20, 25 minutes. Defence all over the shop. But I think we seemed to get a grip of things towards half time, although I consider us fortunate to have gone in level. Second half sounded a much more even affair, but again, I'd suggest you had the better chances to have claimed all three points.

I said I'd take a point before the match, and so all things considered I see it as a very pleasing result.

Good luck for the rest of the season, I hope you bring plenty to Oakwell for the return and that we're both in the mix come the end of the season. Third tier isn't where either of us belong, based on history, achievements or fanbase. We were beating each other in the Premier League not too long ago.

Keep on fighting the good fight.

Andy.

Sounds like a fair summary
Do you rate Crainie
Went to Oakwell last year in the cup great day out for us just wanted to know if I make the trip this year can you pull any strings and sort me a pint out for halftime nearly shot off early in the cup but summoned up all my survival skills to see the match out and glad I did too

FRY-CCFC

Sounds like a fair summary
Do you rate Crainie
Went to Oakwell last year in the cup great day out for us just wanted to know if I make the trip this year can you pull any strings and sort me a pint out for halftime nearly shot off early in the cup but summoned up all my survival skills to see the match out and glad I did too

I'd skip the game and go to AA if you can't make it through a match without a pint although watching cov can do that to you.

Malaka

It was my first game this season. Overall I was pretty pleased but I thought that Swanson was a bit lightweight and gave the ball away a little too often and the goal keeper does not fill me with confidence. I think that we have the foundations in place and with a little luck could make the play off's. Top ten is more realistic at this moment in time.

Users who are viewing this thread