Barnsley Boozers (1 Viewer)

Tommo72

My first trip to the hotbed of Yorkie football tomorrow, I’ve heard the pubs are decent?

Anybody got a lowdown?

SBAndy

The leisure centre at the top of the hill still open? If so, that’s where you’ll find most Cov fans I’d imagine.

Tommo72

The leisure centre at the top of the hill still open? If so, that’s where you’ll find most Cov fans I’d imagine.

Not sure lifting weights or the treadmill mixes well with Stella....unless it’s in preparation for Sunderland in a few weeks....

AStonesThrow

Town center is pretty rough and not worth visiting, no decent pubs or anywhere to eat. There's a taco bell near the road into town, best pubs to try are towards Broomhill and Wombwell, quieter country type pubs and about 15 mins away from ground .

SBAndy

Not sure lifting weights or the treadmill mixes well with Stella....unless it’s in preparation for Sunderland in a few weeks....

Not sure anything mixes well with Stella. No, last time I went (which was admittedly about 7 years ago) there was a leisure centre with a bar and a balcony, and I believe they also opened up their sports hall as a beer hall. As I say, no idea if it’s still there or not but was worth mentioning.

Tommo72

Not sure anything mixes well with Stella. No, last time I went (which was admittedly about 7 years ago) there was a leisure centre with a bar and a balcony, and I believe they also opened up their sports hall as a beer hall. As I say, no idea if it’s still there or not but was worth mentioning.

Thanks Andy

vow

Old No. 7 bar. Super Real ale boozer.

mark82

The leisure centre is still there, can't comment on the bar as don't go in there very often.

Users who are viewing this thread