Bapaga (1 Viewer)

SBT

Feels like it's been ages since a homegrown striker really made waves for us - Wilson is the last one but was only a starter for one season. Before that I suppose McSheffrey? Hope Bapaga's the next.

no_loyalty

This lad is going to the very top, a great deal for him, he should be back in the first team fold when he returns from injury.

SlowerThanPlatt

Like who?

I am disappointed we haven’t been able to get a striker to come through like Wilson. Last real chance we had was with Sambou.

He just makes it up as he goes along

There are plenty of good players but as always there’s a long way to go. You can usually tell the players they have hopes for as they’ll play above their age group in the 18s/23s like Bapaga has done.

Sky Blue Harry H

He’s not exactly looking over whelmed by the news!

He's just re-read the contract. Signed it when he saw he was getting a 100% pay rise, then realised he was on the 17 year old's £4.55 an hour,
Now doubled to £9.10 an hour, so if he plays a full game he'll take home £13.65. Get in there son! Smart move City

#livingthedream 🤣 ⚽

ccfc1234

3 years is a strange one given his age and phase of development. I hope we have an option on a forth year in the contract. In year 2 of a 3 year deal, only 14-18 months away we will be needing to tie him into a new deal or at the 24 month mark other clubs will be circling. Especially if he impresses on the pitch.

SlowerThanPlatt

3 years is a strange one given his age and phase of development. I hope we have an option on a forth year in the contract. In year 2 of a 3 year deal, only 14-18 months away we will be needing to tie him into a new deal or at the 24 month mark other clubs will be circling. Especially if he impresses on the pitch.

I am not 100% sure but I believe there is a rule that dictates 3 years is the longest a player of his age can sign for.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

It's slightly disingenuous as he already had a contract to 2022. he's now got one to 2023. So it's in fact an extra year, not three. No mention of an option either.

SlowerThanPlatt

It's slightly disingenuous as he already had a contract to 2022. he's now got one to 2023. So it's in fact an extra year, not three. No mention of an option either.

It’s the longest they can offer him at a time at his age - they’ve just topped it up another year after the first year expired

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

It’s the longest they can offer him at a time at his age - they’ve just topped it up another year after the first year expired

Fair enough, just wanted to point out it had a lot of spin behind the headline. It's not like he was about to be able to walk away for compensation.

Users who are viewing this thread