Baker (1 Viewer)

CovLis86

Unbelievable.. How deluded can our team continue to be?! Did he make a single cross in the forest game that reached a sky blue shirt? Well, stayed on pitch even?!

Sick Boy

Unbelievable.. How deluded can our team continue to be?! Did he make a single cross in the forest game that reached a sky blue shirt? Well, stayed on pitch even?!

Read Thorn's comments, you will see where they get it from!

idris65

I'm begining to think the whole fucking lot of them are mental, SISU, Thorn and all the players. No one seems to give a shit, only the fans.

ICHAN

Thing is they are under no pressure.

AT knows he's safe.

The players know that their place in the side is almost guarenteed week in week out, so they know that they can put in lacklustre displays week in week out knowing they are ok.
The whole club is rotten at the moment from top to bottom and I feel it will take a long time to recover from this season, longer than many may think, or care to admit to themselves.

flammablepiss

Facebook User
"I thought we looked dangerous" was a personal highlight.

Nonleagueherewecome

Thing is they are under no pressure.

AT knows he's safe.

The players know that their place in the side is almost guarenteed week in week out, so they know that they can put in lacklustre displays week in week out knowing they are ok.
The whole club is rotten at the moment from top to bottom and I feel it will take a long time to recover from this season, longer than many may think, or care to admit to themselves.

If SISU don't sack him if we go down, then he'll at the very least be concerned about it happening early next season. I'd call that pressure.

The likes of Ferguson say that pressure is what managers at the bottom of the league have to deal with. That sound of pressure has been clearly audible in the tone of Thorns voice for the past 3 month.

He's doing a thankless task without the tools required to do it, yet still is ridiculed from our braindead fans. I'd call that pressure.

How many on here are accountable to 15,000 people in their job? How many are called fat useless twats for doing it in a way that the oh-so-qualified public deem incorrect and inferior?

Sick Boy

If SISU don't sack him if we go down, then he'll at the very least be concerned about it happening early next season. I'd call that pressure.

The likes of Ferguson say that pressure is what managers at the bottom of the league have to deal with. That sound of pressure has been clearly audible in the tone of Thorns voice for the past 3 month.

He's doing a thankless task without the tools required to do it, yet still is ridiculed from our braindead fans. I'd call that pressure.

How many on here are accountable to 15,000 people in their job? How many are called fat useless twats for doing it in a way that the oh-so-qualified public deem incorrect and inferior?

When Thorn does leave, what will you do? At the moment it seems you are more of an Andy Thorn fan than Coventry City. :whistle:

Thorn has been extremely lucky here, at any other club (who have higher standards than our low standards) he would have been forced out a long time ago. I would say a lot fans have been very patient with him. I look forward to seeing you displaying such admirable loyalty to all of our future managers.

Last edited:

Nonleagueherewecome

When Thorn does leave, what will you do? At the moment it seems you are more of an Andy Thorn fan than Coventry City. :whistle:

Thorn has been extremely lucky here, at any other club (who have higher standards than our low standards) he would have been forced out a long time ago. I would say a lot fans have been very patient with him. I look forward to seeing you displaying such admirable loyalty to all of our future managers.

What will you do? You aren't a Coventry City fan, you are a Andy Thorn hater. Sad.

How has he been lucky-by having the squad ripped out from under him and the worst wage budget since relegation? By having to blood half-a-dozen kids because there's no-one else? Maybe think things through a bit next time?

coop

I'd like to no what he thought about getting shrugged off the ball like he was a six year old.

Sick Boy

What will you do? You aren't a Coventry City fan, you are a Andy Thorn hater. Sad.

How has he been lucky-by having the squad ripped out from under him and the worst wage budget since relegation? By having to blood half-a-dozen kids because there's no-one else? Maybe think things through a bit next time?

I do not hate Andy Thorn. I am a concerned Coventry City fan who does not believe he is the right man to take the club forward, whether that is under our current or future owners (whoever they might be.)

I am not saying he has been lucky in that respect, you could say much the same thing about Gary Mac, he had to rip the squad up and start again, looked like he was taking us down and then Black came in and turned the season around. Of course Black had more resources than Thorn but he still turned it round, something which I believe another manager could do here. I don't mean turn us into a success but at least get us to survive and create something to build upon for the future (even if that is in League.1).

CCFC123

I dont believe what I've read. Baker must of been taking the piss or he's a fuckin pea brained twat who thinks that playing like a faggot is acceptable.

You would of thought he would of kept a low profile after Saturday...would love to know who's (as the yanks say) blowing smoke up Bakers arse.

skybluegod

I do not hate Andy Thorn. I am a concerned Coventry City fan who does not believe he is the right man to take the club forward, whether that is under our current or future owners (whoever they might be.)

I am not saying he has been lucky in that respect, you could say much the same thing about Gary Mac, he had to rip the squad up and start again, looked like he was taking us down and then Black came in and turned the season around. Of course Black had more resources than Thorn but he still turned it round, something which I believe another manager could do here. I don't mean turn us into a success but at least get us to survive and create something to build upon for the future (even if that is in League.1).

thorn could create a premier league/ good championship squad as good as any other manager he's brought in 3 class players with little/no money .

Last edited:

SkyBlue_Bear83

Thorn isn't under pressure though is he, the majority of fans have no expectation and the board/owners can't care enough to set expectations. Yea if we have a bad start to league 1 then he will feel pressure.
Everyone accepts that he has been left to dry by SISU but his away record is diabolical by anyones standards and is largely down to tactics and mentality

Users who are viewing this thread