Back to Court next Tuesday (1 Viewer)

BrisbaneBronco

Big week ahead. Transfer window closes and SISU back in court. Hmmmmm

Nick

Administrator
Should get some fans out of the woodwork. We lost on Saturday and in court, will be like a dream!

CJ_covblaze

The sooner the court battle is out the way the sooner we can move on.

I'm hoping that after this Sisu can start to work with ACL/Wasps to make our 'home' long term at the Ricoh..

That's what we all want Italia. Hopefully this will be the we'll hear of the matter and it all gets resolved. Read through the docs so many times and I still don't see what good it will achieve.

chiefdave

That's what we all want Italia. Hopefully this will be the we'll hear of the matter and it all gets resolved. Read through the docs so many times and I still don't see what good it will achieve.

It has to be about compensation at this stage doesn't it? Sure Wasps might take a hit if ACL are ordered to pay a higher rate of interest on the loan but that won't be much I wouldn't have thought.

If SISU can get a ruling saying CCC have distorted the market you can be certain there will be further action to gain compensation. I wouldn't be surprised to see SISU go all out if that happened and claim the cost for a new stadium. Of course they need to win first but if they do it won't be the end of the legal action.

Samo

Agree with the ccfc bit, in an ideal world it would mean ccfc get ten bazillion and a new stadium. It won't happen though!

It would also be nice if a few council heads rolled.

skybluetony176

The more truth that comes out the better from the whole mess.

Only problem is that only half the truth will ever come out at best as only one party in this whole mess can ever be held accountable for their actions and what led to those actions in a public forum such as a court room.

italiahorse

The more truth that comes out the better from the whole mess.

I don't think any more details will come out as it's an appeal on the interpretation on the EU law in the JR.
It will relate to whether CCC would have been better off letting ACL go into administration rather than propping it up with the loan.
I guess that if administration was the cost effective option then the loan could be classed as a subsidy which is not allowed ...... maybe !!

Colin Steins Smile

Focus for SISU is recouping money. If they win, then I doubt it would be speculated on CCFC. If SISU lose then expect increased management charges to CCFC.

CJ_covblaze

As long as it doesn't have a negative effect on rates and rate players I'm not bothered.

Sky Blue Kid

Agree with the ccfc bit, in an ideal world it would mean ccfc get ten bazillion and a new stadium. It won't happen though!

CCFC won't get a penny? If SISU win the money will go to their investors, SISU will make a massive profit, and CCFC will be left in the s**t. End of!........... Oh yeh, and rate payers will be the ones who pay for it.

Last edited:

Nick

Administrator
CCFC won't get a penny? If SISU win the money will go to their investors, SISU will make a massive profit, and CCFC will be left in the s**t. End of!........... Oh yeh, and rate payers will be the ones who pay for it.
And it starts....

Big bad sisu stealing from the rate payers mouths. Kids going homeless.

Sisu will only be awarded anything at all if the council are found in the wrong...

Grendel

If rate payers "pay for it" then that's down to the council

Sky Blue Kid

If I were a gambling man I'd be £1k better off..Ask Astute. Nothing to do with "And it starts" SISU only think of themselves. If you think any different then I've a gut feeling you're deluded mate :)

Samo

He's back! ...and he's brought his quotation marks and his single brain cell with him! :D

italiahorse

And it starts....

Sisu will only be awarded anything at all if the council are found in the wrong...

.... and if they loose they can take it to the European court.
.... and if they loose that they can start JR2.
.... and if ..................

Why don't they just cut their losses and fcuk off ?

thewards5579

And it starts....

Agree Nick, and if the council are found liable and wrong it is surely the council who have cost/robbed us council tax payers

Sent from my Harrier Mini from EE using Tapatalk

fernandopartridge

No it isn't what we all want. Virtually everybody I know what Wasps to fuck off along with SISU.
I personally would love another ground in Coventry which isn't the Ricoh.

Sky Blue Kid

I used to back the council. but have had my views changed over the last 12 months or so. CCC and SISU are as bad as one another. I just come to the conclusion it will be the people of Coventry that will pay in the long run.

italiahorse

Agree Nick, and if the council are found liable and wrong it is surely the council who have cost/robbed us council tax payers

Sent from my Harrier Mini from EE using Tapatalk

CCC ratepayers could have lost out which ever option they took.
Let the stadium go cheaply to Sisu and loose out on several million, or provide the loan, maybe loose the court case and compensate Sisu to the tune of say a couple of million.
Remains to be seen which option (if any) costs the tax payer more.

Sky Blue Kid

CCC ratepayers could have lost out which ever option they took.
Let the stadium go cheaply to Sisu and loose out on several million, or provide the loan, maybe loose the court case and compensate Sisu to the tune of say a couple of million.
Remains to be seen which option (if any) costs the tax payer more.

Don't know why, but my instincts tell me it won't be a couple of million pounds, more like tens of millions. We'll just have to wait and see.

Users who are viewing this thread