Back The Boys Reading Away.. Why not.. (1 Viewer)

rickyCCFC

2 for 19.50 tickets, relegation 6 pointer. Decent pubs, cheap train tickets, good old fashioned ground. I think 2000 is realistic mate

kg82

I'm really looking forward to these next 2 away games (after blackpool)! I can't help but feel a little optimistic about them - a dangerous thing for a Coventry fan

ccfctommy

I did think there wasn't many singing at Brighton.

Only other away i've done is Derby ans that was a bit better.

pusbccfc

To whoever said 2000 optimistic, last year I think we took 1800 and that was on a tuesday in december.
Also the atmosphere a brighton was dreadful, I've been to around half the away games this season and although that was the largest following, it was one of the worst alongside ipswich.
The likes of leeds, west ham and peterborough where the usual lot who make most away games go, are the louder.
When you go to games like brighton and brum away last year with the large contingent it seems as the 'part timers' don't like to make as much effort to create noise.

Changeyourface

Large crowds always equal shit atmosphere due to daytrippers. I think 2000 will be optimistic if we go back to losing every game between now and then, if not then I could see it being a possibility.

kg82

What, exactly, count as daytrippers? I'm a season ticket holder but also a student and that means I can only go to about 5 away games a season. living outside of Coventry means I don't have many people I can get to go to away games as well, so out of those 5 games I may go to 3 on my own. I'm sure I'm not the only one who does that and I kind of find it offensive to be classed as a "daytripper" because I don't go to half the away games.

Brighton Sky Blue

Already said I stand corrected if I was wrong about the atmosphere at Brighton-but from what I remember, we outsang them for most of the game and I had a pretty good time; but as I say, if I'm wrong I'm wrong.

pusbccfc

What, exactly, count as daytrippers? I'm a season ticket holder but also a student and that means I can only go to about 5 away games a season. living outside of Coventry means I don't have many people I can get to go to away games as well, so out of those 5 games I may go to 3 on my own. I'm sure I'm not the only one who does that and I kind of find it offensive to be classed as a "daytripper" because I don't go to half the away games.

Generally the day trippers are the ones that go to only a few games a season and don't make any effort to sing-along with the songs.

Its a silly name really as I know some people who go 2/3 away games a year but when they go, they sing their heart out!

neilyboy67

i went to brighton and stood to the right of the goal and it was crap no one made the effort to sing so disappointing when yer down there for the weekend, peterborough far better small tight knit band of sky blues ah well cant have it all, but surely lesda (much cheaper to get to) or forest better for this big day out so much more history and rivalry with these two i mean reading what a nothing club.

Users who are viewing this thread