Avoiding Relegation Is Crucial (1 Viewer)

guicey15

Even the most naive of Sky Blues fans would find it difficult to believe that we are going to survive this season. I too have surcome to the fact that we are almost certainly going down. But I will not lose my tiny glimmer of hope until we are mathematically relegated because I feel it would be a travesty for us to go down.

If we were relegated, sisu would no doubt have a selling frenzy, leaving us with the scraps that nobody wants and replacing the lost players with even worse. This will most likely send us straight through to league two and beyond.

Whereas survival this year would put increased pressure on sisu, not only to hold on to valuable assests, but to sell the club all together. Or unfortunately it may just delay the demise of our club for another year, but it may also save us. We can all dream.

PUSB

Covstu

If we were relegated, sisu would no doubt have a selling frenzy, leaving us with the scraps that nobody wants and replacing the lost players with even worse. This will most likely send us straight through to league two and beyond.

PUSB

sadly already done this!!!!

Brighton Sky Blue

I think that the takeover is more crucial. What use is staying up this season if only for more SISU non-investment. If I had to choose relegation and takeover at the very end of the season or stay up with SISU, I know which one I would choose.

Staying up greatly increases the appeal to investors hovering around compared to a League One set-up. It also protects against further slashed revenue streams, even more reduced TV exposure, and that combined gives SISU all the more incentive to cost-cut; but you imagine that the second nothing of any worth is left they'll be out the door.

Stoppercurtis

Nobody knows more about great escapes than us so we have to continue to beleive. I like AT but we need to change the game now if we are going to have a chance. Sadly I do not see any change on the horizon and the clock is ticking. Believe me it will be very hard to get back to where we are!

Stopper

The Reverend Skyblue

I feel its not a matter of IF Pompey get a point deduction ,its a matter of when, and if they also have to sell there best players to raise funds to pay players and staff, then this is the only way we could survive without change at our club.

If it's 10 point deduction, and it may be more, i'm not too sure on the rules for a 2nd administration, then we are 2 points from safety, and with Forest who can't score goals, and Donny who can't score at the moment, a much weakened Pompey ,then we have a chance. But it will be down to other teams undoing/collapse that we are saved by, which i'd take, but would feel a bit empty if it happened.

The Rev

The Reverend Skyblue

I am sure Pompey get a bigger points deduction 2nd time around.

Otis i'm sure they do as well, but i raised this point about a month a go and someone said that it does'nt change with each admin, and stays at a 10 point deduction.I will look into this and see if there is a president concerning this.

Just thinking, why did Luton get a massive 30 point deduction about 5 years ago ? I know it was an accumilation of diiferent punishments, but i'm sure 20 points were for the 2nd spell of admin.

Most likely i am wrong , but i'll look into it

The Rev

dadgad

Relegation would be the clearest sign that Sisu have got it wrong. Someone says that staying up increases our value to any would be investor. Going down, however, would reduce the price to be shelled out initially as the amount necessary to turn it around will also be greater AND more protracted. Hard to tell which scenario suits us best?

Users who are viewing this thread