Attractive clubs list (1 Viewer)

Bumberclart

I have a theory. Somewhere there is a list of clubs who could be attractive to rich investors.
This list will take into account all factors, such as existing debt, history, catchment area etc.

My question is, how long before City reach the top of that list? With the amount of clubs who have acquired new owners over the last few years, we must have moved up a few places.

Is the debt the main thing stopping investors? Lack of a ground? Apathy among fans?

Moff

I have a theory. Somewhere there is a list of clubs who could be attractive to rich investors.
This list will take into account all factors, such as existing debt, history, catchment area etc.

My question is, how long before City reach the top of that list? With the amount of clubs who have acquired new owners over the last few years, we must have moved up a few places.

Is the debt the main thing stopping investors? Lack of a ground? Apathy among fans?

All clubs have a price, its just some are unreasonable. Look at us or Villa for prime examples.

Coventry87

I would have thought that the fact we have no assets apart from the golden share keeps us low down the list?

rupert_bear

Villa, Birmingham and Wolves have been on the market for ages apparently no takers. Is it the Midlands ? Maybe Leicester success can nail that. While those 3 have been on the market lowly Bristol Rovers have been acquired by some billionaire Jordanian. But I do think buyers could be found which is what that lot up the M69 did really through loppy lugs Lineker. Do we have people like him in our corner ?

Moff

Villa, Birmingham and Wolves have been on the market for ages apparently no takers. Is it the Midlands ? Maybe Leicester success can nail that. While those 3 have been on the market lowly Bristol Rovers have been acquired by some billionaire Jordanian. But I do think buyers could be found which is what that lot up the M69 did really through loppy lugs Lineker. Do we have people like him in our corner ?

Pity city fan Christain Horner doesnt point his F1 teams owner in our direction.

I would take his cash without the rebranding though. Play up Red Bull Sky Blues doesnt have the same twist to it. ;)

torchomatic

I reckon we're number 87 out of the 92 on the "attractive investment opportunity" list.

Captain Dart

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
I can think of a lot reasons why the club is not that attractive, but not many that make it an attractive proposition to anyone

Seems to me that we have become a bit of a zombie club with no clear way out of our predicament

Gazolba

You don't make money owning a football club, you expend money. So it's not an investment any serious businessman would consider.

Sky Blue Kid

I personally think the SISU asking price will be so extortionate, the "Sultan of Brunei" wouldn't even touch us.

Bumberclart

We should write to the top 10 richest Arabs and tell them they are not rich enough to own CCFC. They love a challenge!

The term Zombie Club is about the best description I've ever heard.

edgy

Zombie Club implies we are capable of aggressively devouring others and spreading our ailments.

Corpse Club is more fitting. Not much they can do well.

Sick Boy

Why would anyone buy a club whose own fans roll over and let a London rugby club move into their city?

Sky Blue Kid

Why would anyone buy a club whose own fans roll over and let a London rugby club move into their city?

Don't be a nob all your life. How the fuck can you blame the fans for that? I think you need to look a bit further than that, like err, erm, USA and CCC for that barrel of shit!

Last edited:

skybluetony176

I would have thought that the fact we have no assets apart from the golden share keeps us low down the list?

We also have Ryton and the player's contracts. Sure not owning the stadium effects our asset value but that isn't what makes us unsaleable. That's the ring-fence of debt being kept around the club that grows every year with interest charges.

Rodders1

We also have Ryton and the player's contracts. Sure not owning the stadium effects our asset value but that isn't what makes us unsaleable. That's the ring-fence of debt being kept around the club that grows every year with interest charges.
I'm hopeful that the debt is merely an accounting thing. The creditors are only SISU , so if they get a sensible offer the. They may sell.

Let hope a potential investor can see the potential in the club. Has noticed a new council in place and can see how desperate the fans are for success.

skybluetony176

I'm hopeful that the debt is merely an accounting thing. The creditors are only SISU , so if they get a sensible offer the. They may sell.

Let hope a potential investor can see the potential in the club. Has noticed a new council in place and can see how desperate the fans are for success.

Nick

Administrator

But on one hand people are demanding money be put into the club, on the other don't want the debt to SISU.

I personally would like the club to be self sustainable without needing people to pump money in. It would make the club more desirable (bar that SISU debt) to potential owners.

skybluetony176

But on one hand people are demanding money be put into the club, on the other don't want the debt to SISU.

I personally would like the club to be self sustainable without needing people to pump money in. It would make the club more desirable (bar that SISU debt) to potential owners.

Putting money into the club doesn't have to be debt does it? They can put it in as equity I believe. Also what is the purpose of accumulating interest? It serves no obvious purpose, it's just growing a debt mountain that they have no obvious route to recuperating. The sale of the club won't cover it, if they do end up entitled to compensation through the JR it's highly unlikely that will cover it, a season in the premier league might recover it but they don't want to invest to help get us out of this league let alone into the premier league. What purpose can the debt serve other than to ring fence the club from outside interest?

Sick Boy

Zzzz. It's all the fans fault blah blah blah. Boring!

Where did I say it was all the fault? Have you lost your brain cell again?

A large section of our support are extremely passive and apathetic though. Still, I wouldn't expect Tony to understand, he only started going to watch the club as a joke.

Sick Boy

Putting money into the club doesn't have to be debt does it? They can put it in as equity I believe. Also what is the purpose of accumulating interest? It serves no obvious purpose, it's just growing a debt mountain that they have no obvious route to recuperating. The sale of the club won't cover it, if they do end up entitled to compensation through the JR it's highly unlikely that will cover it, a season in the premier league might recover it but they don't want to invest to help get us out of this league let alone into the premier league. What purpose can the debt serve other than to ring fence the club from outside interest?

So you expect individuals to pump money into the club and expect nothing back? You really are clueless.

Sky Blue Kid

A large section of our support are extremely passive and apathetic though. Still, I wouldn't expect Tony to understand, he only started going to watch the club as a joke.

So, really you meant most supporters?( Doing a Nick again :) )

Grendel

I think he's loaned it to SBK for the weekend.

Users who are viewing this thread