Assange gets asylum in Ecuador granted (1 Viewer)

I'mARealWizard

43 executions in 2011. The truth is a lot of countries do not report the figures. China is in the thousands and the Middle East official figures are also far higher.

Personally I think I would enjoy my civil liberties more in the U.S than any of the above or the South American banana republics. What do you think would have happened to Assange if he leaked security secrets in Ecuador or preached from a balcony anti government bilge?

Thanks for glossing over the issue.

But are you able to tell me how the death penalty, which is law in 35 US States, ensure that someone has the right to life?

We'll deal with the facts that you stated before dealing with your hypotheticals.

I'mARealWizard

I don't see why they just didn't go all top secret and get a bullet between his eyes without anybody even knowing what had happened like they do on Spooks...

I don't really know the ins and outs of it though, didn't he just publish stuff about the US that they wanted to hide that a soldier had got for him?

If he is accused of rape then he should face trial no matter what.

1. Because they'd risk him becoming a martyr then.

2. His website allowed the anonymous submission of cables and communications involving the US Government (and by association other countries). They showed that the US certainly wasn't as innocent in all military matters, as probably suspected by most level headed people. The US Government were naturally embarrassed and vowed 'revenge (a la Bin Laden) against Assange.

Naturally, had they not committed said actions, then his website wouldn't have been able to release them.

Of course, had they been transparent and open with all matters, then this wouldn't be an issue.

3. Absolutely.

Nick

Administrator
Yes but surely if they were that good they could get him taken out and make it look like something else completely.

I'mARealWizard

Yes but surely if they were that good they could get him taken out and make it look like something else completely.

Hahaha! He'd still be a martyr, and can you imagine the conspiracy theories?

It'd actually be in the interests of an enemy of the US to take him out now, as most people would assume it was them.

Users who are viewing this thread