As a fan of CCFC for (1 Viewer)

Bob Latchford

40 years - Leicester have usually been in leagues below us and in the main , been a yo yo club during this period . however , my question is , how many years do people on here think it'll be until we compete in the premiership against them again ? think it'll be many , many years myself .

covcity4life

i pray i get to see it again. would never ever take it for granted again

imagine all the treats,cov on pro evo,football first on sky with 50min highlights every match day, more televised macthes in general, back on MOTD!

just to be relevent again. would be huge

gotta keep faith and hope we get out of league one this season ,then we can be happy to wait 5 years for prem lol

ajsccfc

Ideally never, as they go down the same season we go up. Driverless hovercars taking us to away games in comfort.

bringbackrattles

Leicester City this season and the tail end of last just can't stop winning,under Pearson and now Ranieri.They were in League One like we are now not that long ago,but they are now not just a Premier League club,but on the verge of winning it.How has this came about ? New owners investing wisely ? Picking the right managers ? Having a team full of hard working players,with no big names ? Whatever they've created it has certainly been successful hasn't it ? And without doubt it will be copied by many clubs around the country,including our very own Coventry City,and if not why not ? To answer your question yes we can play them in the top flight again,but not I feel until we tap in to what they have done,as it is Roy Of The Rovers stuff !

LB87ccfc

To me it would mean more to play Villa again just for the proper banter / rivarly/ decent match day experience it would bode and this could be next season, their would be plenty of interest in the game before people try shooting the post down.

Leicester never been on the radar personally, never been bothered in the slightest by them.

fernandopartridge

I couldn't give two hoots about playing in the Premier League, I realise I am probably in a minority but I see the PL as all that is wrong with football.

Gazolba

Leicester will lose all their best players at the end of the season. They are about as likely to be relegated as we are to be promoted. I can't see CCFC getting back to the Premier League in the next 25 years. I do believe we will make it back to the Championship in the next 5 years but then I think we will either come back down or just become a middle table Championship side like before.

LB87ccfc

I couldn't give two hoots about playing in the Premier League, I realise I am probably in a minority but I see the PL as all that is wrong with football.

Totally agree, totally money driven and no fucks given for those lower in the pyramid.

Ticket pricing very excessive, empty seats at most ground ie Manchester City, General sale for alot of clubs compared to a few years ago ( Manure go on regular general sale now)

People saying Leicester a miracle if win the league, not really they have kept to the same concept, grew belief, worked hard, and had over 100m thrown at them..

bringbackrattles

One of the reasons I'm not that fussed either,is that by the time we got back there unless I won a Lotto Rollover,I wouldn't be able to afford to watch one game let alone getting a season ticket !

torchomatic

Next season the team that finishes bottom will get £99M.

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

dadgad

Somebody commented though that it is heartening to see that a club is not just about £££££
For example that player who scored at Man City cost just 400k whereas Sterling £49 Million!!!!

bringbackrattles

Somebody commented though that it is heartening to see that a club is not just about £££££
For example that player who scored at Man City cost just 400k whereas Sterling £49 Million!!!!
The Leicester team cost £ 21.5m while Man City's cost ten times more. As we are nearly full of loan players,even Leicester's total cost is way out of our league isn't it ?

Hobo

Not bothered about Prem just want a team that funds itself.

LB87ccfc

The Leicester team cost £ 21.5m while Man City's cost ten times more. As we are nearly full of loan players,even Leicester's total cost is way out of our league isn't it ?

Leicester have had over £100m thrown at them and its a huge one off they are where they are, the premier league this season has been of a exceptionally poor standard.

rupert_bear

Easy to be not bothered when we have little chance of getting there for years. While we have our present owner we will never get there

Skyblueweeman

Leicester were the only team who escaped Administration with no punishment. All debts wiped clear and everyone else since has suffered. That's why I hate them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gazolba

The only reason I would want us to get to the PL is that it is the only league shown on TV here.

oakey

I really don't care who we play.
I just want one promotion, please.

IS THAT TOO MUCH TO BLEEDING ASK FOR! IS IT? I ASK YOU.
:slap:
and breath. Sorry I'm going for a lie down.

:whistle:

Paxman II

There are some amazing comments on here that lean on such a negative side. Leicester, Bournemouth and others have all shown how quickly it can change. To assume like some we won't be there inside 25 years is a ridiculous statement. We could yet find ourselves promoted this season and I see that happening. Then who knows with some momentum we could be in the premiership the next season. Quick enough for you? Of course that could happen and it happens a lot with teams coming through the leagues building some winning mentality. We certainly have the right guy at the helm to get us there.
In truth I think we will go up this year with a strong run and might sneak an auto spot and if not we will win the play offs with our Wembley following. Then the Championship is all about momentum. If not right away I think we will build our way up there in a couple of seasons under the likes of TM. It's what he is blessed with He is not an average Joe Bloggs of a manager at this level. He will bring success and if there is a smell of it even SISU will back that runner.
As for Leicester they have shown that it's not all about the big money signings. Team spirit and it is a team game. Often of late too many top sides have failed to jell with their players - never the same team from one week to the next. You have seen this with us this season. For so long we played much the same team and with great success. Only now have we experienced difficulty as we bed in so many new players. Leicester in the Chapions League....they must br pinching themselves over at the crisp factory!

stupot07

There are some amazing comments on here that lean on such a negative side. Leicester, Bournemouth and others have all shown how quickly it can change. To assume like some we won't be there inside 25 years is a ridiculous statement. We could yet find ourselves promoted this season and I see that happening. Then who knows with some momentum we could be in the premiership the next season. Quick enough for you? Of course that could happen and it happens a lot with teams coming through the leagues building some winning mentality. We certainly have the right guy at the helm to get us there.
In truth I think we will go up this year with a strong run and might sneak an auto spot and if not we will win the play offs with our Wembley following. Then the Championship is all about momentum. If not right away I think we will build our way up there in a couple of seasons under the likes of TM. It's what he is blessed with He is not an average Joe Bloggs of a manager at this level. He will bring success and if there is a smell of it even SISU will back that runner.
As for Leicester they have shown that it's not all about the big money signings. Team spirit and it is a team game. Often of late too many top sides have failed to jell with their players - never the same team from one week to the next. You have seen this with us this season. For so long we played much the same team and with great success. Only now have we experienced difficulty as we bed in so many new players. Leicester in the Chapions League....they must br pinching themselves over at the crisp factory!

We won't be promoted back to back. We won't have the finance to fund it. Leicester spent somewhere in the region of £125m in 3 years, and Bourne around £40-45m in 3 years, Southampton had the 2nd biggest wage bill in the championship.

How are last season's runaway league one champions getting on?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

H

Huckerby

We won't be promoted back to back. We won't have the finance to fund it. Leicester spent somewhere in the region of £125m in 3 years, and Bourne around £40-45m in 3 years, Southampton had the 2nd biggest wage bill in the championship.

How are last season's runaway league one champions getting on?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)
How did Leicester spend that much money?
Just to clarify not saying they didn't I'm just saying wow... Where did that go.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Paxman II

Yes but who is managing them? You just can't tell. If it was all about the size of wallet then why is the 'tinkerman' having so much success atop the premier league with a side largely the same one Pearson left them after a remarkable fight to stay up last year?

rupert_bear

Leicester got owners who
put in the money to transform the team, the club and are now about to reap the rewards. Kept their patience when they got relegated to division 3 and used that as a springboard for success. They got their new owners around the time we did, they chose one way to go, ours another, who was right ? With our present owners I see little chance of Premiership football which makes it easier to say I don't want it I suppose but in reality I would like a bit of what Leicester are enjoying at the moment.

AFCCOVENTRY

Problem with getting to the premiership now is that you have to spend big to get promotion. Look how much a striker moves for in he championship!

We won't have the muscle power under the current owners, no stadium etc to do that.

I believe next season we will be in a better position for promotion under Mogga. We will own more of our own players. This season was a tester and it's going to be tough.

So overall until something changes with our financial setup I can't see us being in the premiership again.

Captain Dart

40 years - Leicester have usually been in leagues below us and in the main , been a yo yo club during this period . however , my question is , how many years do people on here think it'll be until we compete in the premiership against them again ? think it'll be many , many years myself .

The prospect of no relegation from the PL is being talked about again. Don't you love the American way. :jerkit:

Below an old story but it was being discussed on Radio 5 this morning as Everton are about to be bought by an American consortium and it is Foreign owners like the Yanks who are most keen on changing the system.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...ers-want-scrap-Premier-League-relegation.html
http://www.dailypost.co.uk/sport/fo...erton-fc-officials-confident-saleand-10649378

malkitccfc

If the PL wasn't the goal, whats the point in us going every week? I'm only 24 so surely I have to see PL football again in my life!
And as for Leicester... Whatever they have or haven't spent, winning the league with players like Danny Simpson, Marc Albrightom and Danny Drinkwater would be remarkable. I don't want them to win it though

Users who are viewing this thread