Article: Our Goalkeeping Situation In the Summer? (1 Viewer)

Covstu

I actually like Querke and Ireland but not sure they are ready yet, saying that i did not think Kirkland was and he was fantastic! We have to get this right as we invite so much pressure on our defense the keeper plays a vital part. We get this wrong and relegation is a certainty.

Big Mo

I dont think Westwood will be as big a loss as some others.

Plenty of decent keepers about and its the one position where you actually get relatively good value in the transfer market.

Westwood has been vital particularly in the coleman era where he based his setup on keeping things tight in the hope of clean sheets - if our new manager is a bit more expansive and goes out for goals we could afford to concede a few more.

Joe Murphy is definitely a good shout though

sw88

Chief Commentator!
"we are the bigger club (than Scunny)"??? Not by much in recent years!! They've achieved promotion (admittidly from league 1 though).

I would go for Andy Lonergan as he's only on Prestons bench at the moment (even though i rate him better than Turner) or Joe Lewis of Peterborough. Is he in their first team now a days? I know he got dropped late on last season but they've had a change of manager again since then.

skybluetom

Lonergan is at Everton I believe with a view to signing in the summer, part of the deal that took Ian Turner to Preston I think. There's no way we could afford to sign Joe Lewis so Murphy is the only realistic option, from what I've seen though he isn't in Westwood's class.

ccfcadz

I quite like the look of Lee Camp at forest, no change of getting him though.

Gaz

Joe Murphy is the most realistic.

Would not be shocked if we start next season with only the two youth keepers.

Users who are viewing this thread