Article on Pressly signings record.. (1 Viewer)

NorthernWisdom

tbh I struggle to agree with most of the HITs either! They were either here for too short a time or... Webster?!? He's there, I suppose. He hardly stands out though. He's only a hit because he's at least consistent in his mediocrity!

letsallsingtogether

Allsop a hit!! not too sure on that one he has had a good couple of games as of late, should have been TBC

Nouble TBC

None of them are any better then we got rid of.

Last edited:

RFC

tbh I struggle to agree with most of the HITs either! They were either here for too short a time or... Webster?!? He's there, I suppose. He hardly stands out though. He's only a hit because he's at least consistent in his mediocrity!

Always great to be negative the majority of the time.

Grendel

Kingokings204

To say alsop in a hit after he has been notably dropped shows what a sham of an article this is.

To say Donnelly is a can't decide not enough time should clearly be a miss. He failed asap

Another biased article to back up SP because he is "liked"

Johnnythespider

Bit harsh on miller I think, has been a bit part player mainly, would need to give him a few games before deciding eitner way.

skybluepm2

He plays like an International remember!

JulianDarbyFTW

Jim O'Brien is the only real hit as far as I'm concerned. Maybe Reda too. The other 30 were poor signings. His record for signing strikers is worse than Barry Fry's.

Hincha

Jim O'Brien is the only real hit as far as I'm concerned. Maybe Reda too. The other 30 were poor signings. His record for signing strikers is worse than Barry Fry's.

Jury's still out on JOB, far too hit and miss. Game against Peterborough summed him up, dreadful first half, amazing second.

Saturday was the worst I've seen him play (missed a few games mind)

spider_ricoh

My view on this:

MISS
Manset
Urquhart
Webster
Slager
Seabourne
Delfouneso
McGoeuch
Akpom
Robinson
Eccleston
Coulibaly
Allsop
Hines

HIT
Marshall
Dagnall
Maguire
Petrasso
Prutton
O'Brien
Johnson
Nouble

TBC / can’t judge
Loza
Donnelly
Pugh
Swanson
Miller
Tudgay
Charles-Cook
Jackson
Madine
McQuoid
Martin

This is almost exactly what you'd expect - most managers I would say have about 1 good signing in 4. Luckily most of the journeymen are shipped out quickly. We need to build a core around the HITs.

chiefdave

I think part of the problem is:

a) we've got very lucky with the likes of McGoldrick and Clarke coming in and hitting some of the best form of their careers leading to high expectations.

b) more scrutiny of our signings than any other club. Generally if a player comes in and doesn't do well elsewhere, unless it's a huge high profile signing, we don't really hear about it. Obviously we pay more attention to players coming here and therefore spot all the mistakes and think we have a higher proportion of failures than elsewhere. I don't actually have any evidence to back that up just a theory I have.

It is slightly worrying how quickly some players fall by the wayside when they come here, you could view this as a good thing - that SP makes up his mind quickly and doesn't persist with those who aren't up to scratch, the flip side of that is why are they being signed in the first place.

spider_ricoh

I think part of the problem is:

a) we've got very lucky with the likes of McGoldrick and Clarke coming in and hitting some of the best form of their careers leading to high expectations.

b) more scrutiny of our signings than any other club. Generally if a player comes in and doesn't do well elsewhere, unless it's a huge high profile signing, we don't really hear about it. Obviously we pay more attention to players coming here and therefore spot all the mistakes and think we have a higher proportion of failures than elsewhere. I don't actually have any evidence to back that up just a theory I have.

It is slightly worrying how quickly some players fall by the wayside when they come here, you could view this as a good thing - that SP makes up his mind quickly and doesn't persist with those who aren't up to scratch, the flip side of that is why are they being signed in the first place.

Whilst some performances have been unacceptable, the general feeling is that we have got a lot of players that suit our newly-lowered budget. We're not used to seeing L1 players but that is now the reality for us, which means that fans have got to adjust their expectations. Having said that, the high turnover of players is worrying. Connor Thomas is the only one of the matchday squad from the Crewe 0-3 game who is still at the club, which is doubly worrying as a) that was less than 2 years ago and b) he was probably the worst player in the squad that day!

Users who are viewing this thread